• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Back in the Shop.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ran it for two hours. Radio stopped working and the back brackets of the canopy came off when I took a turn at high speed. But hey... At least the engine didn't blow up, or the car in ring crack.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
My radio stopped working at one point and they tried to say the breaker had tripped and looked at me stupid and said I should try and look for the obvious before bringing the boat back all the time. Little did they know the Electrical Tech saw me and i spoke to him and he was bitching about what a Pain it was to have to replace the radio harness in that tight space. These guys never want to admit to failure. At least yours still runs. I have a $40k Paper weight with a running cost of about $500 a month with storage, insurance, Etc. Once its 100%, shes gone!

Jeff Young

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dropped the boat off back to MM 2 hours away yesterday only to find out all techs are out for training until next Friday. Seems like its going to be another 3 month turn around before I see the boat again. Several Check engine lights and MM is still waiting to get approval from Scarab to redo my Trailer. 1 year later and the coating looks like orange peel plus rust forming in several places. I would fix it myself and call it a day, but I want to get everything documented. Hopefully everything will look good and Run good then this baby is off to be SOLD unfortunately! I'm ready for a bigger boat and one that I can Enjoy instead of trailing back and forth to the Dealer. I'm not Sure Scarab offers that.......
I bought a 255HO and after the first 3 months of ownership it was in the shop for at least 30 days of that 3 months. One of the engines cut out on me after about 15 hours and I brought it back to Marine max who said I hydrolocked the engine while driving it. How can that possibly happen. I am selling it right now as I can't stand the ride on this thing. Yes it is super fast but that's because it is so light. Also, Marinemax is a bunch of morons, their technicians don't have the faintest idea how to work on these boats. Now I am being told by my salesman that Marinemax is no longer selling the scarab as they didn't sell a lot of them last year. Great I got sucked into one and now I have to eat a $10K loss.

Jeff Young

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Stay away from Marinemax they suck!!!

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Any jet boat engine or jet ski engine can hydro-lock on water if you don't restart your motor after use to blow any excess water in the muffler or water box as they call it. When you drive around town, the water will surge back and forth and go back through your exhaust into your motor. Always be sure to restart your motor, or motors before you leave the ramp to go home. It is good practice after you flush the motors as well to avoid this issue! Glad to help!

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My radio stopped working at one point and they tried to say the breaker had tripped and looked at me stupid and said I should try and look for the obvious before bringing the boat back all the time. Little did they know the Electrical Tech saw me and i spoke to him and he was bitching about what a Pain it was to have to replace the radio harness in that tight space. These guys never want to admit to failure. At least yours still runs. I have a $40k Paper weight with a running cost of about $500 a month with storage, insurance, Etc. Once its 100%, shes gone!
Have you ever considered bringing it elsewhere? I know we are a little bit of a cruise for you from Miramar, but I'd like to get your boat right if possible!

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Have you ever considered bringing it elsewhere? I know we are a little bit of a cruise for you from Miramar, but I'd like to get your boat right if possible!
Thanks Ron, I'm a firm believer If i purchased something from MM and its not right , they need to make it right. This is the only reason why I continue to deal with MM. Once the warranty runs out, I'll keep you in mind. Scarab extended it from the 1 year to 3 as it spent most of the time in the shop.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks Ron, I'm a firm believer If i purchased something from MM and its not right , they need to make it right. This is the only reason why I continue to deal with MM. Once the warranty runs out, I'll keep you in mind. Scarab extended it from the 1 year to 3 as it spent most of the time in the shop.

Glad to help and I completely understand your situation and stance!

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Everyone seams to knock Marine Max, but not all are the same. If you keep getting screwed then you do something else. Like me I bought mine from one Marine Max and thought that I should get better service where I purchased it, but NOT TRUE. After three trips and totally getting screwed, and the bow getting gouged up I toke it to another Marine Max to get it taken care of, they have taken good care of me, and am told that whether they sell them in the future or not they will take care of there customers. That being said I Love my boat.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Everyone seams to knock Marine Max, but not all are the same. If you keep getting screwed then you do something else. Like me I bought mine from one Marine Max and thought that I should get better service where I purchased it, but NOT TRUE. After three trips and totally getting screwed, and the bow getting gouged up I toke it to another Marine Max to get it taken care of, they have taken good care of me, and am told that whether they sell them in the future or not they will take care of there customers. That being said I Love my boat.
I have been to other MM's, although they were great to deal with and happy to help, they always pushed me back to the store in which sold me the boat 2 hours away. I'm sure it's mainly due to warranty work, no one wants to do the paper work. If it's new work (billable) I'm sure any of the stores are more then happy to help.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well that was not my case. It was warranty work and to repair damage that was done by the Marine Max that I purchase it from. Did not pay a dime, just for an oil change.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Got the boat back this past Saturday and took her out yesterday. Everything is running as it should and they finally got all the bugs out the radio (No more emergency broadcasting sounds). I'll run it a few more times to make sure everything 100% before listing for sale. 2 years later maybe now it can be enjoyed properly, Fingers crossed.