• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ballast 3.0 ( Another ballast upgrade plan)

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree @Addicted and that is why I have another thru hull just for the drains in each pump.
When putting my system together, Wakemakers stated that I could drain through the vent, or through the pickup. It sounds like you are adding another penetration for the drain as opposed to using the vent. Is that correct? If so, what is the advantage of not using the vent fitting to drain?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When putting my system together, Wakemakers stated that I could drain through the vent, or through the pickup. It sounds like you are adding another penetration for the drain as opposed to using the vent. Is that correct? If so, what is the advantage of not using the vent fitting to drain?

A lot more check valves and a lot more hose. I already have 3 vents and one drain installed on the side of the boat. So adding 2 more holes in the side isn't a big deal. For the drain I would have to have a check valve on the pump and, check valve on the vent line and a check valve after the drain. This way I just need a check valve behind the pump and a check valve for the separate vent. I guess it is only 3 more but a lot more clutter.

*edit* Got to thinking about this and confirmed on my one line I have plumbed, still need 3 check valves.
The advantage for me is draining with a 1" line and using a smaller 3/4" for my vent since I already have that bought.

In your case @Addicted teeing into your vent line would be ideal.

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Holy boat Batman!! Does it scare you to drill 1-3/8 holes in the bottom of your boat? .......... Me either!!! :eek:

20160304_174052.jpg

20160304_180255.jpg

20160304_180509.jpg

20160304_180515.jpg

Last edited:

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet !!!! Man you are a man on a mission !!!!

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A great place for vents is behind the cushions on the swim platform where they are high enough to never siphon but completely hidden. Too bad we cant use the pirahna pumps on a Yamaha but the fill ones must be mounted below water line and there is nowhere practical to fit them. On my system I drain through the fill so that there are no check valves in the fill circuit. They slow down the flow rate a fair bit. Cam.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Pulling the boat out to start working on the system

20160305_085024.jpg

What I got done today. I think the boat won, I feel beat up.

20160305_171931.jpg

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@dustinjean Each bag is vented as well. Do you mean kill in a good way or a bad way? I love these pumps! I like that I only have to have one pump to do both and a pump per bag makes it killer! The biggest increase in fill time I am going to see is upgrading from 3/4" line to 1" line.
I have only been on one boat with the reversible pumps and I wasn't very impressed with fill times or how expensive they are plus i like mine being separated and emptying topside so i can see it draining or just listen and know when it is done, plus if a pump burns up its only $45 to replace each one. Mine has separate drain and vents as I seen someone mention the t fitting with check valves which will work but either way it all adds up quickly with fittings and hoses etc. I am about to work on my boat later today, ill take a few pics of how my pumps are plumbed into the intake side if i remember.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine will drain top side as well and the only thing that burns up on these are impellers. 20 bucks to fix that. Like someone has stated we don't have access to the hull to be below the water line to meet my comfort. I will be pleased with this system.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Today's progress

20160306_114515.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And a few more

20160306_125254.jpg

20160306_152701.jpg

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I need to finish my Bronco up so I can pull the boat in and finish my ballast mods... It will be boating season before we know it!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just looked up the specs. It's 16' long, electric powered with a top speed of 6mph, holds 300 gallons of hot tub water (that's 2400lbs of ballast) and the water is heated by a diesel heater up to 140 degrees.

Ridiculous!!! But - I can see cruising the marina waterfronts in this bad boy.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is awesome!!! But kind if scary that I am holding more water in my boat. Lol

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
at least you don't have to get out to pee :smuggrin:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
All installed and tested in the driveway, had to tighten one hose clamp and now for a water test.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Tested my system today. I can fill my locker bag and my port bag going 30 mph. Internal fill time was 4 minutes for 2300 lbs. The seat bag took 7 minutes with a 3/4 line. I an going to upgrade that to a one inch line. Super excited!!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You have that wave really far back. Should give nice areas to play on.