• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Tender Newbie Post

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Did a search before posting. I have two battery tender plus's like the one below. I have hooked them both up and neither is charging the boat (195s) battery). So here is the newbie question: does the battery switch need to be turned to the green on position to except a charge or is this the wrong tool for the job?
I have a Noco Genius 2 bank charger not yet installed for future use.
Amazon.com: Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger and Maintainer: 1.25 AMP Powersport Battery Charger and Maintainer for Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs - Smart 12 Volt Automatic Float Charger - 021-0128: Automotive

I can’t speak for that one but the ProMariner states not to have the charger plugged in if the switch is on.

In regards to needing the switch on, no you do not and you should have installed that charger terminals directly to the battery. Hopefully you did not install the charger to the switch.

I can’t speak for that one but the ProMariner states not to have the charger plugged in if the switch is on.

In regards to needing the switch on, no you do not and you should have installed that charger terminals directly to the battery. Hopefully you did not install the charger to the switch.
Switch? Don't think so.

How are you determining neither are working?

How are you determining neither are working?
The tender is has a green light that flashes until the battery is charged. Neither of them will flash. I had one on my motorcycle and swapped it to the boat nothing. I have used them for many years with Sea Doo PWC.

The tender is has a green light that flashes until the battery is charged. Neither of them will flash. I had one on my motorcycle and swapped it to the boat nothing. I have used them for many years with Sea Doo PWC.

Reading this, the first thing that comes to mind is that the circuit the tenders are plugged into is not working (as you stated the tender worked on your motorcycle). Can you verify the circuit with another tool or cell phone charger?

If the circuit is energized, can you post a few pics of how you have everything hooked up?

Yes I’d check the wall outlet hasn’t tripped. It seems unlikely both would not seem to work. If the outlet checks out maybe they both happened to die and you can try the Noco. I had a Battery Tender for my bikes and I prefer the ProMariner or other brands that at least have some operating lights so you know it is getting power and also more status lights.

Reading this, the first thing that comes to mind is that the circuit the tenders are plugged into is not working (as you stated the tender worked on your motorcycle). Can you verify the circuit with another tool or cell phone charger?

If the circuit is energized, can you post a few pics of how you have everything hooked up?

Will post photo later today or tomorrow.

I use a dual bank battery tender and have for 5 plus years with no issues. Mine has a charging and a storage light and blinks green I believe when charging. Then turns a solid yellow/orange when full and in storage mode

I have the 12v 1.25 amp tender and it has no switches The lights on it operate on my model when I plug in green comes on along with the amber it is in charge mode at this point...........when battery reaches 80% full amber light is on but the green FLASHES .........when batt reaches full the amber go's off and the Green go's solid green. At this point it in Maintenance/float mode I guess, it monitors batt and if it losses a little charge over time it will come back on and do a charge.

Attachments

• dtn-0220185gdlwh_gb_xl.jpg
    dtn-0220185gdlwh_gb_xl.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 4
Back