• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bennington Pontoons won’t fit on our Shorelander Trailer. Ask me how I know.

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone with experience matching paint on Shorelander black painted trailers? Initially considering taping it off and using rattle can....but would prefer a better match.

Was at the local ramp this weekend and a new Bennington Pontoon owner drove over my submerged trailer perpendicular to it. His port pontoon was on my fenders while his lower unit was hung on my main trailer rail. The worst thing was, this idiot kept jumping on the throttle banging his lower unit into trailer.

To back up earlier in the story....3 lane ramp. I’m on final approach to the starboard lane, idiot is to my port trying to come off his trailer. I notice him hammering on the throttle as I approach my trailer 20 feet out and decide to abort and back away.after heavy throttle he gets free of his trailer and backs up only 20’ into water. Immediately turns toward my trailer under power. I’m yelling at him. My truck driver is yelling at him. Bystander on the dock is yelling. We’re all telling to watch out for trailer. NO Response to our yelling.

Once hung, he continues to try to power through. My driver and two others are yelling for him to stop. They want to move my trailer deeper and push him off. He never leaves his driver seat, and never shuts down his engine. Really leaves my friends exposed who are now in the water up to their tits.

To really top it off, he doesn’t tie up at the closest dock and come see me on land. The jackass picks up his wife and proceeds out to open water. I took all the info from his truck I could. Local membership tag, business cards that were on dash, license plate and left him a stern note.

I know it’s been discussed a lot this year, but I see it every week. Covid has made the boat ramps very dangerous. Be on guard and watch for the idiots. I can stomach a scratched trailer and a dented fender, but if he would’ve harmed my friends it would have been awful. Stay safe my friends and take every opportunity to help train the newbies.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A video of this could have made him the star Boneheaded boater of the Week. I'd be all over his insurance company. That is just how some folks learn. Should not have left the scene of what is technically an accident.

Last edited:

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are supposed to be the intelligent species on this planet....... there are so many rude, idiots like this guy out there I truly wonder if we are!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I definitely wouldn't have been so nice. And if he still ignored me i would have let the air out of every tire on his truck and trailer

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I definitely wouldn't have been so nice. And if he still ignored me i would have let the air out of every tire on his truck and trailer
For sure, he would've have ran over a "nail" when he went to retrieve later that day.