• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best anchor for 2016 242 Limited S

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the “small” box anchor that worked like a charm on my ‘06 SX230 but it doesn’t seem to hold my 15’ 242 Limited S as well. Maybe it’s the extra 700lbs or perhaps the taller freeboard catches more wind - or both. I’m going to buy the “large” box anchor (next size up from “small”) and use it on the bow and move the small to the stern when the current or chop is a bit strong.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
VaMarine,

Do you have a link to the one you bought? Does it fit in the anchor bay? Thanks
I have the small one. It fits in the locker, but need to take your time as its not a quick in out process as its tight. I also have added rubber tile to the locker to protect the boat as the anchor locker got chaffed from the anchor sitting on it.

I also have a spike anchor, and a 9lb danforth. I generally use the box on the Bow (away from the beach) and then the danforth on the beach to hold the stern in. We stopped beaching the boat because of the wave action we get. I ended up on the shore sideways, and thankfully never made a Broncos Guru Video.

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the small one. It fits in the locker, but need to take your time as its not a quick in out process as its tight. I also have added rubber tile to the locker to protect the boat as the anchor locker got chaffed from the anchor sitting on it.

I also have a spike anchor, and a 9lb danforth. I generally use the box on the Bow (away from the beach) and then the danforth on the beach to hold the stern in. We stopped beaching the boat because of the wave action we get. I ended up on the shore sideways, and thankfully never made a Broncos Guru Video.
Thank you very much!