• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Best anchor for Florida salt water??

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m just tired of having to mess with my anchor all the time
What do you guys use that doesn't fail??

Fluke style anchor has never let me down, with 6ft of chain . Make sure you have enough rode out when anchoring and pull the fluke until it digs into the sand.

check out mantus anchor. Has been working great for me in SWFL Storage might be an issue. Not sure if it would fit in anchor locker. But something to look into.

10 ft of chain with anchor

Last edited:
The Fortress is pretty high on my buy list.

In Florida sand in decent weather any anchor will hold if you have enough scope (minimum 3:1/ 5:1) and chain. Those details are as important as the anchor.:jawdrop::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:[flag][flag][flag]

my box anchor holds my 27' pretty well.

I've been told a box anchor will hold in just about any type of conditions, sand, mud, etc..

I have one and it works like a charm....no chain needed. I had issues early on b/c I wasn't letting out enough rode, but anything over 3:1 will give you a solid hold.

So is there a reason why a box anchor wouldn't work in FL salt water?

I boat in lakes exclusively so pardon the question if its clear for those who boat on the ocean.

I've been told a box anchor will hold in just about any type of conditions, sand, mud, etc..

I have one and it works like a charm....no chain needed. I had issues early on b/c I wasn't letting out enough rode, but anything over 3:1 will give you a solid hold.

So is there a reason why a box anchor wouldn't work in FL salt water?

I boat in lakes exclusively so pardon the question if its clear for those who boat on the ocean.

In my experience the box anchor is about the best anchor you can have for the lake. Ocean with strong and moderate currents in fine sand not so much. It will hold you ok in most Situations where the sand is not real fine and loose.

Good to know....I dont plan on boating in the ocean anytime soon.

My box anchor holds me pretty well.

I like not having any chain.

Back