• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best battery to play music all day

Ryan Pittman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So i have my starting battery, were all good there....i just wired the boat up so i can switch to a second battery once im achored and listen to music without killing my starting battery...anyone recommend a battery thats good for powering music all day...i do have a sub running

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Get yourself a deep cell battery and you'll be good (I have 2 batteries and they're both deep cells). Use the search feature. There's lot of info on this.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used two of these when I had my boat, and never had an issue with running out of play time.

2019-03-19_16-10-28.png

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That's exactly what I have (2). That's a really good price too.

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MattFX4 - Hi Matt, Where did you get that price . . . is it something like Costco? or one of the other clubs?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just bought a group 24 deep cycle from advance auto. They had a 25% off coupon with order online and pick up in store. I'm sure it'll be more than my needs.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here is my dilemma, should I add a 3rd or go with 2 of the GRP31 Duracell AGM's? Will the 2 Duracells last me all day on the water with music blasting for 7+ hours (10"sub with 800 watt amp). Never had an issue starting, but want my stereo to last longer than 5-6 hours on the water.

I've struggled with this decision for a while. At $200 a pop replace both or, replace house and add a 3rd, so 2 Duracells and the deep cycle starter? 🥴

Also, any special requirements for charging them?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are regular Deep Cycle batteries okay to use for starting? Because I see that there are dual purpose deep cycle/starting batteries and I am wondering if they are just a marketing gimmick or if there really is extra benefit to these? Both my original starting batt and deep cycle (party) batt are due for replacing.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our motors do not draw very much upon starting, so the concesus is that starting our boats with a deep cycle is totally fine.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is my dilemma, should I add a 3rd or go with 2 of the GRP31 Duracell AGM's? Will the 2 Duracells last me all day on the water with music blasting for 7+ hours (10"sub with 800 watt amp). Never had an issue starting, but want my stereo to last longer than 5-6 hours on the water.

I've struggled with this decision for a while. At $200 a pop replace both or, replace house and add a 3rd, so 2 Duracells and the deep cycle starter? 🥴

Also, any special requirements for charging them?

When I had my 242 I ran 3 batteries. Two of the 31 Duracell AGM's for the stereo bank, and one starting battery for starting engines. My stereo had 3 amps. JL 800, JL 200 and Wetsounds syndx4. I never had an issue with play time. I used on board charger to charge batteries when in wet slip.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When I had my 242 I ran 3 batteries. Two of the 31 Duracell AGM's for the stereo bank, and one starting battery for starting engines. My stereo had 3 amps. JL 800, JL 200 and Wetsounds syndx4. I never had an issue with play time. I used on board charger to charge batteries when in wet slip.
Perfect, THANK YOU! I think that's the conclusion I've came to is just add the 3rd. I'm just gonna buy 2 of those Duracell 31s and keep a DC for the starter and still have a DC as a spare. DC for the starter and the 2 Duracell's for the house ran in parallel.

Thanks for the feedback!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Perfect, THANK YOU! I think that's the conclusion I've came to is just add the 3rd. I'm just gonna buy 2 of those Duracell 31s and keep a DC for the starter and still have a DC as a spare. DC for the starter and the 2 Duracell's for the house ran in parallel.

Thanks for the feedback!
Sounds like a good plan. Keep them charged when not in use and they should last you a long time.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Isn't that what the solar panels are for?!?! LOL ;)

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our motors do not draw very much upon starting, so the concesus is that starting our boats with a deep cycle is totally fine.
Yup, these same engines start just fine in the skis and motorcycles with their little batteries.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup, these same engines start just fine in the skis and motorcycles with their little batteries.
Ah, very good point.

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MattFX4 I can't remember was your onboard charger a dual bank charger or a triple charger. I though it was dual since you ran the AGMs in parallel. Looking to do the same in my boat.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@MattFX4 I can't remember was your onboard charger a dual bank charger or a triple charger. I though it was dual since you ran the AGMs in parallel. Looking to do the same in my boat.
I had a 3 bank charger. Either way will work, but I bought the charger prior to batteries.