• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Best Boating Drink?

I love the ice tea, lemonade and vodka. But I make a couple the night before and freeze then. The vodka does not freeze so it is a great slushy cold drink.

We make something called "Marga-Tini" in a jug. 6 - Bud Lite Limes (or your choice)
2 - Frozen lime concentrate cans
Fill the 2 empty cans of the lime concentrate with vodka. Mix and enjoy! Sounds horrible I know, but it's perfect summer drink.

I will be trying this over the weekend

Gatorade usually. No drinking for me at the helm. I'm not too picky about a beers pedigree when not behind the wheel though.

We have a quick and refreshing margarita mix that we make up before we leave - using a Ninja blender fill about 1/2 with lime sherbet (half a container), add about a 1/2 quart of crushed ice and as much tequila as you like and mix at high. A great frozen drink that is fast and easy everyone loves it. Next is our standard Gentleman Jack and Capt. Morgan. We don't do serious drinking until we get back.

The Cayman Jack Margaritas has tickled my fancy on the water as of late. IMHO the best tasting canned drink like this out there.
815829010204.jpg

Before kids the wife and I had a boat with a gallery, and more importantly a blender!
1 can each goya mango, guava, and passionfruit nectars.

1 fifth of rum

Ice

Mix nectar and rum ad to ice in blender
Mix, drink, repeat, but only when the anchor was down for the night.

Not being a prude, but I don't drink until I'm back at the dock. But mostly Bud or Miller light for the guests. I'm looking at a DC powered blender for this summer.

I do like using LimeAide in the frozen cans for Margaritas with fresh lime added.

That's how I make margaritas ...but I add a corona as well.

That should have been galley, it was pnly a 27 foot Carver

We make something called "Marga-Tini" in a jug. 6 - Bud Lite Limes (or your choice)
Fill the 2 empty cans of the lime concentrate with vodka. Mix and enjoy! Sounds horrible I know, but it's perfect summer drink.

Around our circles of friends we call those "summer beer". There are a bunch of variations and different recipes out there but basically the same ingredients, beer, hard alcohol, and some flavor of frozen concentrate. Not my favorite, but it has it's time and place and the wives love it.

I don't drink, but I do love to play bartender and get other people "happy"..... (I ran a 4 story night club in another life) and I'm the go to guy for a DD whenever the gang is going full bore. I never let anyone drive drunk or get so drunk they get sick or are a danger to themselves , I don't care who they are - even if I don't know them, I'll drive them or call Uber.

Did you know that in Europe, China and a few places down south people like to drink Coke and red wine? It's called Kalimotxo and is served in bars in short glass tumblers. Plenty of ice is added, then the red wine and cola. Sometimes Ouzo or anise flavoring is added. Another variation calls for a lime twist.*

My favorite drink to make in the wee hours of the morning when only the die hards are still up and at it is a seven layer pousse-café. If that don't seal the deal, nothing will! :cool:

*Wiki

We call that a Bullfrog haha. They are good.

Ice cold Corona Light. One or two over the course of the day if I am driving, but a couple more once the boat is home.

I usually will nurse an Angry Orchard. On an all day boat trip I will drink several waters, gatorade and sip a couple of angry orchards. Most of the time they get hot and poured out. I'm usually too busy and don't really like being impaired.

Miller Lite! I bought one of those Yeti koozies therefore I can really sip the beer and slow down the intake. The beer stays unbelievably cold in that koozie until the very last drop. Although I have been wanting to try the Linenkaugel Summer Shandy. I know I destroyed that spelling, sorry!

Bud light lime....

lol, someone needs to send Budweiser a bill for all the advertisement.
I don't drink while out (except soft drinks), but usually have beer while cleaning up afterwards. sometimes even a much debated BL lime. For the most part I like to try all the summer batches, Leinenkugels summer shandy is among my favorites.

When out fishing with my brother driving his boat, nothing is better than an ice cold Labatt Blue.

But once the boat is docked, Limeade, fresh limes, gold tequila, lots of ice, or Sweet and Sour mix and bourdon with the mix blended and frothy. And then I tell the GF, just grab the wheel, um helm, and I'll teach you to dock. She hasn't figured out yet that you don't, "back on" to a trailer. I'll tell her some day. But I do look funny with the PVC guide poles attached to my swim suit. :) All you have to say is, "left, left, little right, just keep it coming". And "Ramp and Clamp" has a whole new meaning!
"

Back