• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Best Economy tower mirror/mount

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've been shopping around, and I'm blown away at how expensive a tower mirror/mount is, for what you get. Anybody know a company that makes one that fits our towers that is a decent mirror and reasonably priced? Happy to hear opinions/experiences with different brands,etc..

This is what I've had for years now..

Wakeboard Tower Mirror Arm

I've seen nicer ones, but for the price, this is an awesome mirror.

Arm2 (1).JPG I have been looking for just a mirror, I bought my boat with the arm but the mirrror came loose with the previous owner while going to the lake, he had one that he clamped to the arm but forgot to give it to me. I didn't think it would be difficult to find a mirror alone:-/
Do most mirrors have the same thread? I don't see a brand name on my arm...

Attachments

• Arm2 (2).JPG
    Arm2 (2).JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 9
Funny how this just came up as I just did the same thing and ended up buying on this weekend... I too looked a number of sites to find an mount/mirror for my AR210. One thing that I was looking for was one that was easy to take on/off and get out of the way and store for travelling to/from the lake. My wife as she does all the loading/unloading of the boat from the trailer at the launch and she thought that would help her do her 'job'. ;) So those requirements limited me a bit as to which ones I looked at.

Here are the final ones I ended up looking at:
1) The Aerial one looked nice, has a good price, but I found a couple neg. reviews that said it didn't always stay in place.
http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BT-MIRKITADJU-PA

2) This one was really nice, but after finding the Monster Tower one I just couldn't justify the extra $100 for it. And the 3 mirror one just didn't seem worth it to me and what we plan on using it for (mostly surfing/tubing).
http://samsonsports.com/tower-accessories/wakeboard-tower-mirrors/wakeboard-tower-mirrors/

3) This is the one that I ended up purchasing, price was reasonable, it's removable and it seemed to have good reviews from some other forums.
http://www.monstertower.com/Monster-Mount-with-CIPA-Mirror-p/mir.htm

There are a number of others that I considered that were sub-$200, but they were not quickly removable from what I could see from their website pics. Namely the ones from DIYWake.com and BulletLines.com. I do plan on posting some more close up pics once it arrives if that helps you at all.

I've been looking into the same thing.....

I've found quite a few different options on ebay for around $100....haven't pulled the trigger yet, but most likely the route I'll go unless I find a better idea in this thread :)

I have an Aerial mirror also. I love it. Mine is an older model than the one RightStuff posted above. Mine doesn't have the elbow in the middle of the arm, but does have the quick release which I love. I don't have the best pic of it though, sorry.IMG_5068.JPG

Suction cup version that came with the boat is still getting the job done for me. I'd upgrade but refuse to buy anything that will move, even in rough chop. No excuse for that at those price points. I got hosed by junk board racks from Aerial and will never buy anything from them either so buyer beware working with those asshats.

View attachment 2891 I have been looking for just a mirror, I bought my boat with the arm but the mirrror came loose with the previous owner while going to the lake, he had one that he clamped to the arm but forgot to give it to me. I didn't think it would be difficult to find a mirror alone:-/

I don't recognize the shape of your mirror arm, and I've become fairly familiar with many:banghead:, possibly an older model? Sorry..

Suction cup version that came with the boat is still getting the job done for me. I'd upgrade but refuse to buy anything that will move, even in rough chop. No excuse for that at those price points. I got hosed by junk board racks from Aerial and will never buy anything from them either so buyer beware working with those asshats.

Don't sugarcoat it for our benefit...lol. I have zero experience with aerial, so can't comment. I do have experience with monster as we have monster wakeboard racks with the quick release and they're great.

I usually find the best prices for stuff like this at
http://diywake.com

But also if you sign up for newletters at
http://bulletlines.com
they have sales several times a year and great sale prices on mirrors/mounts

The Monster Tower Mirror arrived today, so here are those pics that I promised, just let me know if anyone needs more or different ones. So far I think it's a nice mount and will make removing it nice and easy, really built well too. Now if this snow that is falling would stop already I might be able to get the boat in the driveway sometime this year!

IMG_20140327_165639.jpg IMG_20140327_165652.jpg IMG_20140327_165848.jpg IMG_20140327_170157.jpg

BTW, anyone else realize how hard it is to take a picture of a mirror?

The Monster Tower Mirror arrived today,...

BTW, anyone else realize how hard it is to take a picture of a mirror?

Just have to make sure you are dressed when you take them!

@RightStuff Any update on it now that you may have had a chance to put it in action? Staying in place?

Great find on the Ariel and CIpa mirrors @jawsf16 and @RightStuff , I didn't realize sub $200 units were available. I have the Sampson listed above by right stuff but only because it came with my used/new too me boat. At $300+ after taxes and shipping I would never have bought it on my own even though it is rock solid, doesn't move and is easy to attach, detach and reposition. The 3 part mirror is cool looking but i prefer a single large/long mirror myself.

Here is a thought for anyone that wants something different. Buy and install an rv rear camera system like this for $135 including shipping. No deinstall required except to hide the display if necessary. You should also be able to record all of action being displayed as well, with extra gear and some mcguyvering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Reverse..._Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a4bbf5534

Last edited:
View attachment 2891 I have been looking for just a mirror, I bought my boat with the arm but the mirrror came loose with the previous owner while going to the lake, he had one that he clamped to the arm but forgot to give it to me. I didn't think it would be difficult to find a mirror alone:-/

If anyone could use this arm they can have it, i don't need it anymore. I don't know what brand it is, I don't see a name on it or anything.

Back