• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best hat for captain?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seeking opinions - what's the best hat for boating... For the skipper!

Key considerations.... hold up to the wind while driving the boat... Dry quickly if jump in for a swim.

@Wayloncle I liked the one you posted on the other thread.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
image.jpeg I just use a flex fit hat backwards at speed me fwd at low speed. Plus I love these face shields. The sun gets brutal and these are amazing! Even have my wife rocking the rave multicolor one!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seeking opinions - what's the best hat for boating... For the skipper!

Key considerations.... hold up to the wind while driving the boat... Dry quickly if jump in for a swim.

@Wayloncle I liked the one you posted on the other thread.
I really like the hat, it's an Outdoor Design brand, I don't remember where I got it, I was in FL at the time.
It stays on my noggin even without using the chin strap while wide open, but it's not too tight, it has a drawstring around the head band.
It dries super quick, I swim with it on all the time, it has mesh around it so the air flows through it...
The only thing I don't like is sometimes when I'm driving and I look behind me then turn around the bill flops down over my eyes a little, I'm pretty used to kind of raising my head when I turn around so it blows up instead of down when I turn around now.

I think the floppyness of the bill is what keeps it from flying off though. Even though it doesn't sag down when I'm just wearing it.

Attachments

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been sporting this one lately... :woot: (pic from the order page)

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
image.jpeg A captains hat obviously! PS....my wife will kill me if she found out I uploaded this picture. :D

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My favorite boating hat actually came from Walmart, and was only about $10. It is the typical khaki brimmed hat like in the pics above, although it includes a chin strap, which keeps it on at high speeds, and the sides can snap up onto the top making it a little cowboy hat looking, which also helps in the strong winds. It is cotton or something, so not necessarily speed drying though.
If you are looking for something extreme, the Dakine Indo Surf hat has excellent sun protection and stays on like a champ (I use it kiteboarding and it can handle some rough wipe outs). Not stylish though.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Heres the one I wore on the 4th. Not in the photo but shirt says support the troops and the shorts are a faded flag type of design.
image.jpeg