• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Best Keel Guard

Jason Kloehn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking for some opinions on keel guards. I would like to add one to my boat. Currently looking at Megaware brand and Gator Guard. Is one better than the other? Pros and cons of each? Or a different brand altogether?
Thanks for the input.

they're essentially the same thing. So pick which one you like (color/style) and go with that. I've used megaware keelguards on everything I own. Really for no other reason other than I've got experience with them, and I've had no issues....so why change?

I've used both and they are basically the same thing. Another option (if you can find a shop to do it) is to get your keel Line X'd or Rhino Lined (same stuff as truck spray on bed liner). I had this done to my 2019 242SE and couldn't be happier. The strip is wider and the look is cleaner. It can also be color matched to your hull.

IMG_2110.jpegIMG_3532.jpegIMG_3536.jpeg

I put the KeelShield from JetBoatPilot.com on mine mid summer. Half a season of use and at this point I am very happy with the performance of it.

By far I have found that the best keel guard is the one... that you actually install on the boat.

Let's not ask how long mine sat in the boat before being installed...

By far I have found that the best keel guard is the one... that you actually install on the boat.

Let's not ask how long mine sat in the boat before being installed...
What length did you install?

I’ve had both and they are about the same. I will say that the gator guard got a hole in it and that’s why I had to replace it.

What length did you install?
Ooh.. um, whatever length was recommended for a 24'. 16 feet? Something like that. If in doubt, go a little longer.

Back