• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best storage fuel stabilizer / ethanol protection

I don’t know about best but I’ve been using Stabil for over 15 years now, first the pink stuff now the blue stuff, and never had a boat with problems coming out of storage. Adding Stabil to a full tank is alsothe main action I take when winterizing my boat.

For context I owned jet skis since I was a teenager and never added anything to the fuel in the off-season, we just started and revd is them once or twice a month instead. My first jet boat had a 2 stroke 6 cylinder with three carbs and problems like hard starts/no starts and rough idling coming out of storage. I have used Stabil ever since.

Attachments

• C68A110F-608B-44AB-877F-8E9B3017C7E2.jpeg
    C68A110F-608B-44AB-877F-8E9B3017C7E2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
STABIL 360 for last 4 years and also going to try this,,, Yamaha ACC-FSTAB-PL-32 Fuel Stabilizer & Conditioner

I have never used a fuel stabilizer but I always use marine fuel and have never had a problem. The marina's in my area have ValvTect marine fuel, much different that auto fuel and doesn't require any additional fuel stabilizer.

IMG_5052.jpg

I have used this PRI32-G fuel stabilizer for 2 years and enjoyed its easy to use 2.2 pounds container. It has never gone bad, it actually preserves and keeps fresh my stored fuels. It’s a complete gasoline treatment that is also the best fuel additive for boats, to boost any-gasoline engine performance.

Last edited:
Hi. Do I still need ethanol protection if I use 10% ethanol gas?

Hi. Do I still need ethanol protection if I use 10% ethanol gas?
Some say yes and some say no. Depends on how much you use your boat. I used 10/ethanol and used the boat a lot without issues but it’s whatever you prefer to do. There’s no right or wrong answer.

Some say yes and some say no. Depends on how much you use your boat. I used 10/ethanol and used the boat a lot without issues but it’s whatever you prefer to do. There’s no right or wrong answer.

Agree with above, it does not matter too much if you use your boat. It is the months between uses, on 10% ethynol, that may require a stabilizer. Our Winter storage is 5 months of cold weather and I stabilize on the last outing. I must admit, I did not always use product in the Yamaha over that time period as I was using non ethanol marina fuel for a few years and it did not cause any issues firing right up in the Spring.

Last edited:
That’s the real answer. If your burn 30 gallons a weekend your fuel would have little chance of ever separating.

There are many regions where you can’t buy fuel that is not 10-15% ethanol. it’s not you are going to put E85 in the tank.

Last edited:
Okay this is good to know! Thank you

Carbon deposits from crappy fuel...

I use the Yamaha recommended fuel stabilizer, 1 ounce per 10 gallons.

Stabil is for my lawn mower.

Is it okay to use auto gas with a fuel stabilizer? I wasn’t planning on using marine fuel.

Hello everyone. I’ve read on my owners manual (FSH 195), the boat requires minimum octane 91. Is that actually necessary? Or are you okay with 87 octane + stabilizer?

Hello everyone. I’ve read on my owners manual (FSH 195), the boat requires minimum octane 91. Is that actually necessary? Or are you okay with 87 octane + stabilizer?
If that’s what the manual states I would use it. Using any lower octane can eventually cause engine damage and void any warranty.

Yamaha is not recommending 91 for it's lack of ethanol or storage characteristics. You have a supercharged engine that is tuned for the burning characteristics of 91 octane. Unlike an NA engine that is tuned for 91, they many times have a knock sensor to help you in case you are forced to use 87 due to availability. You won't usually find a knock sensor on a supercharged engine, as it truly needs it to run appropriately.

Adding stabilizer to 87 does not increase the octane. I would even avoid an octane booster if at all possible. Just buy what the manual says the engine is rated for.

Back