• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Best way to tie tow rope to transom tow point/hand rail??

UnfixedPyle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I have been trying to figure out the best way to attach the tube tow rope to the transom tow point. I am used to tow points that are U shaped or a circle where you can loop the rope around the outside and bring it back through. On those the "dongle" in the middle is usually pointed up. The way this is integrated to the grab handle on the Yamaha seems to make it so you can't loop back around the outside like you would on a traditional tow point. I feel like I'm missing somethin, what do you all do?

I have been trying to figure out the best way to attach the tube tow rope to the transom tow point. I am used to tow points that are U shaped or a circle where you can loop the rope around the outside and bring it back through. On those the "dongle" in the middle is usually pointed up. The way this is integrated to the grab handle on the Yamaha seems to make it so you can't loop back around the outside like you would on a traditional tow point. I feel like I'm missing somethin, what do you all do?
Can you take a picture of the tow point area so we have a better idea of what's going on

Can you take a picture of the tow point area so we have a better idea of what's going on
I don't have a picture of mine specifically, my boat is not stored at my house. However, here is a stock picture of what I am talking about. The tow point in in the middle of the metal handle between the lower deck and higher deck.

Attachments

• transom tow point.jpg
    transom tow point.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 15
  • traditinal tow point.png
    traditinal tow point.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 13
Here you go.

Back