• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bilge issue

Lyons7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have a 2019 AR210 and I understand that the bilge will turn on automatically. However, the boat is docked and there is no water for it to pump out. It turns on every 10 seconds which I don’t believe is normal. I called the dealer but they said that’s correct, even though this hasn't happened before in the past year. Anyone have the same issue?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is how it operates. When it cycles and it senses a load from pumping water it will stay on till the load is gone. Not the ideal system but it works

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don’t believe the new bilge pumps operate that way. On a 2018 210FSH it is a water sensing pump, doesn’t do the occasional “water check”, my understanding is this was the standard now for all Yamaha boats. They even mailed an addendum to the owners manual that still had the old info in it.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mind operates the same way, cycles on and off on a very regular basis. I don’t like the design but that’s how the made them.

Lyons7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know it cycles on and off but this seems different. It is consistently turning on for 2 seconds and then off, then will turn back on 10 seconds later. There is no water at all so im not sure why it continues to turn on/off 24/7. Is it possible the sensor could be an issue? It never operated this way all of last year.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Try pulling it out and having a look, pretty easy it just snaps into it's base. I believe these are a conductance type sensor, so as soon as water touches two points on the sensor it completes the circuit causing the bilge to run. I suppose it's possible if there is debris in there it could be causing erratic behavior.

Lyons7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is this something I can do while the boat is in the water or do I need to trailer it? I believe it’s 2 buttons on the pump that I need to push and pull up, correct? If there isn’t any debris could the sensor be bad?

Lyons7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulled it out and it’s clean, no debris. I did notice a small amount of water under the pump but doesn’t pump out when on. Is it possible to have just enough water for the sensor but not enough to actually pump out? Still seems odd that this is the first time it’s happening, if that’s the case.