• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bilge Pump AR195

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Anyone else notice there bilge pump makes noise the entire time it's on. Like a high pitch whining noise. I'm assuming this can't be correct. Isn't it supposed to cycle on and off? Thinking back it's always done this since April when we first bought it. If it's a simple fix what may that simple fix be? Thanks for any help. On my leak thread you guys were awesome at helping me diagnose the leak.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should not have your bilge pump switched on all the time on a 2018. They changed the design of the pump and "on" means your pump is trying to constantly trying to pump regardless of whether there is any water present. The high pitch noise is likely the bump burning itself up. Leave your pump switched off and it will automatically pump as long as the battery switch is turned on.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah that's what it sounds like. I was a indoor grower for a long time and that's exactly what it sounds like. A pump out of water. It's weird tho my manual and my sales guy told me to leave it on. I also had advice on this forum to leave it on.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I can't believe it hasn't burned itself out. I had it in last two items for hours on end.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think Yamaha sometimes tends to make changes to the boats and not tell anyone. Your pump is probably still ok but I posted the part number for the new style pump in a separate thread if you want to replace. I think it was less than $100.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
If it's still making noise I'll assume it's ok. I should prob fill the bilge then turn the pump on to figure out if it pumps water out. How hard is it to switch out? I can barely get my hands down there to pop the tabs to clean it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes apparently the newer 19' boats use an Auto feature unlike the older boats. The new bilge works like this. Turn the battery on and bilge switch off the bilge is still on but in auto sensing mode. Flip the bilge switch and now the bilge is set to manually run (not auto sensing). See this thread 2018 AR195 Filling up with water

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah I'm an idiot, I should have known the fucking pump was on the whole time. Well if it is burnt its a $50 fix and easy to do, just hard to get my damn arms down there without removing hoses.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Haha yea it's tight down there on our boats.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thats what she said..

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, the pump has change in the 19’ boats for 2018. I pulled my pump out and fully tested to make sure that was the case. I was told by the dealer and on this forum that the pump would cycle on every 2 to 3 minutes with the dash switch “on” to look for water. This was not the case. When I turned my pump on it ran all of the time. After more research and testing, leave the dash switch “off” and battery switch “on” and the bilge pump will work correctly. You only need to turn the switch at the dash “on” if you get a large wave over the bow or heavy rain and you want to start pumping ahead of automatic sensor turning the pump on. If you want to test it yourself, once you get the pump unclipped, it will thread up and out of the engine compartment without removing any hoses.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With this new auto feature with manual override I would consider turning the bilge switch on for a few seconds as a pre-float test. You don't want to find out the pump or pump float don't work when you need it.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah I'm an idiot, I should have known the fucking pump was on the whole time. Well if it is burnt its a $50 fix and easy to do, just hard to get my damn arms down there without removing hoses.
At this point you could keep it running until it burns out and get a new one under warranty. It's their fault for not updating the manual.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Would it not make sense to have switch labeled “auto” and “manual”. Instead of on and off.

@yamaha?

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This does not apply to the 2017 model correct?

Lalo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
water in the bilge besides rain or waves where is it coming from ?