• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bilge pump keeps cycling

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Brought the "new to us" boat home today, cleaned her up top to bottom, washed, waxing comes tomorrow. But there is (I think) a worrisome item...the bilge pump is cycling every 10 secs or so, and thats with the battery off and keys out of the ignition, we had a '13 SX190 and hadn't run into this, is it okay or what....

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I say no,
I think the newer boats are wired always hot,
It should be easy enough to pull it up and test in a bucket,
What model pump is it?
Some sense water others will spin occasionally and if resistance is felt (water) it keeps spinning

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks @Scottintexas I went ahead and put the battery tender on overnight, I will pull it in the morning to see the model!