• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@JROD you should be fine to keep up with the boats. I have done a bunch of off shore runs latley and even in 2-3 ft seas if it's clean I can hold a pace of 35 mph. I will admit once it jumps to 3-4ft that number falls pretty sharply down to about 20-25 but I would imagine those seas would also restrict most of the boats under 24ft to similar speeds. Just throw the wife on the back of the ski I know several people who have ridden 2 up across if the conditions are descent it's not that bad in fact the extra weight would help the ski track and stay planted better. Below is a video of friends of mine who went last September the had 7 people on 5 skis so 2 where riding 2 up the still made both crossings in less than 2 hours even with 2 skis carrying passengers.

Those are about the most ideal conditions I've seen on a crossing. Doing this crossing four years now, 8 crossings, I've only seen that kind of laid down seas twice. @andy07sx230ho can attest that we have crossed in 4-6' seas. My wife counted over 200 times that our heavy boat left the water, engines revving, one crossing. Don't take this lightly, those kinds of conditions are brutal even on a boat. 55 miles is a long way.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Robert, AWESOME! Thanks BIG for all your help on this! Wife, Trudy, has many jet ski miles with me but due to recent knee issue don't want to risk making it worse with all the inevitable wave jumping impacts etc. All fail, I'll fly her over like I did last year.

Thanks again, looking forward to meeting you.

Juan
Ok if she has knee issues I would agree that would be a very rough trip for her no matter the conditions. Look forward to it as well.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had 4' seas last year on departure. Our average speed was 17mph. Coming back it was GLASS...we were almost WOT...coming back.

We had 7 jet ski's in our group. All of these were seasoned pro's. Even THEY had issues on the crossing (going over in 4' seas, not cooing back)

One jet ski had a defective fuel transfer toggle switch and had to dismantle his dash to short the wires manually to transfer his fuel.

Another had his spare tank loosen up and almost fall off.

A few lost there gps's from their mounts.

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Robert, AWESOME! Thanks BIG for all your help on this! Wife, Trudy, has many jet ski miles with me but due to recent knee issue don't want to risk making it worse with all the inevitable wave jumping impacts etc. All fail, I'll fly her over like I did last year.

Thanks again, looking forward to meeting you.

Juan
It sounds like you made the crossing last year.. Did you go with a group ?
tim

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
It sounds like you made the crossing last year.. Did you go with a group ?
tim
Hi Tim. Yes, did it last year, just me, son in law and my daughter, two jet skis. It was awesome!

Juan

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
We had 4' seas last year on departure. Our average speed was 17mph. Coming back it was GLASS...we were almost WOT...coming back.

We had 7 jet ski's in our group. All of these were seasoned pro's. Even THEY had issues on the crossing (going over in 4' seas, not cooing back)

One jet ski had a defective fuel transfer toggle switch and had to dismantle his dash to short the wires manually to transfer his fuel.

Roger that Chief! I had 3-4 ft seas there and worse on return, caught storm, just two jet skis. Made it there in 3hrs & back in 4hrs from Miami Crandon Park Marina. Agree that crossing is not be taken lightly and jet ski crossing may not be for everybody.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How many boats/skis are seriously interested in the 1 day run to Chub Cay. Pending good sea conditions, I'm definitely interested although I don't like the thought of losing an entire day in Bimini. However, it would add a lot to the adventure.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
How many boats/skis are seriously interested in the 1 day run to Chub Cay. Pending good sea conditions, I'm definitely interested although I don't like the thought of losing an entire day in Bimini. However, it would add a lot to the adventure.
I am game! A 20 or so miles run to the private island of Cat Kay may be interesting, great restaurant, market & small store, but limited access to marina area & stores only.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Our dates have been selected!

This thread has been updated for the Bimini 2015 trip. It is important to notify me of your commitment to participate so that I can keep an accurate headcount. Please provide a contact cellular phone number, number of people on your boat, boat model/make. This personal information will only be shared by the few organizers of the event.

The dates have been changed to July to allow for a 15% discount/group rate that @Bruce arranged for our group at Bimini Sands. We need 15 rooms/condos for the group rate.

DATES
Captain's Meeting - Evening of July 5th at the BahiaMar or nearby.
Departure for Bimini - 6am July 6th from the BahiaMar.
Departure for Ft. Lauderdale - 6am July 11th.

BAHIA MAR HOTEL IN FT. LAUDERDALE
Make your reservation for the BahiaMar hotel at 1-954-764-2233. Sorry, group rate policy was too strict make a group reservation at this hotel.

Make your reservation for your slip at the BahiaMar by calling or filling out the below form. There IS a group rate for the slips at $1.25/ft, no minimum. Their phone number is 954.627.6309. They are located at the BahiaMar hotel, but are a separate business. The group name is "Jet Boaters."

BIMINI SANDS CONDOS
The group name here is also "Jet Boaters." Make your reservation at the Bimini Sands by filling out the attached form and/or contacting them at 242.347.3500 (international call). If you are requesting a specific room, please call 242.347.3500. For general reservations you can call their toll free number at 800.737.1007. If you are emailing your reservation, please email the form to jonisha@southbiminisands.com or lavon@southbiminisands.com. Below you will find their discounted rates and their reservation form. The discount applies to your slip as well.

CUSTOMS
Please remember to fill out the customs form (also attached). We also hope to have the immigration forms available at the captain's meeting. The custom's form needs to be completed by the master of the vessel. This form should be downloaded and filled out prior to departure. Each person/family needs to fill out the immigration form but cannot be downloaded. More info on customs/immigration can be found at Bahamas.com/boating or http://www.bahamas.com/boating-enter-exit

PIGROAST
Last year we had a fabulous potluck/pigroast at honeymoon harbor. Everyone backed their boat up to the beach and put their spread on the swim decks. It was an awesome time and even included a couple of engagements!

@Bruce has already volunteered to supply the razorback ham!

Throw in with your menu, I'm already getting hungry!

https://jetboaters.net/threads/bimini-2015-potluck-pigroast.4412/

T-SHIRTS
Last year @andy07sx230ho put together some awesome t-shirts!

More info here
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-bimini-shirts.4413/

BIMINI INFO
Lots of helpful info about preparation and the destination is posted in the thread Preparing For Bimini https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/

THANKS
Thanks to @Bruce, @andy07sx230ho , and @justason for their help organizing all of this for our group!

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS
@upperdeck Unit 12A, from Milwaukee WI, 212X, 4 adults, 4 kids
@andy07sx230ho, 7Q, from Chapin, SC, SX230, 4 adults
@Bruce, 21M, from Royal AR, SX230, 2 adults, 8 year old daughter, 5 year old son
@tim h 4Q, big ass boat, FL, 2 adults, 2 kids
@veedubtek and @DieselCamel, 1A, Winston Salem, NC, 4 adults
@chris24, 15B, from Tampa FL, 212SS, two people, maybe more.
@kthrash 8E and 8F, from Madison MS, 212X, 4 adults, 4 kids
@robert843, 7B, From Myrtle Beach, SC info to follow
@Justin G., 3D, From Hinckley, IL, 4 adults, 1 child
@waterboy 15J, from Holly Springs, NC, 2 adults
@zedxmike, 12B, from Orlando, FL, 2 adults
@1948Isaac from Cape Coral, FL
@BigJay17 from Orlano, Fl, 2 adults, 3 kids
@Tony Sweasy, Enterprise, AL, 3 adults
@Kristen, info to come
@DiverB, Harrison TWP, Michigan, 1 adult
@ScarabMike, Fleming Island, FL
@ArmyChief, 21R, AR192, North Port, FL, 1 couples, 1 teens
@David Hoff, 16B & 16C, AR210, Atlanta, GA, 2 adults, 2 kids
@Ramblin Wreck, 4K, Ski, Atlanta, GA, 2 adults, 1 child.
@MrMoose, 10F, AR240, Spring, TX, 3 persons

PICTURES FROM BIMINI 2014
@waterboy's pictures are in the gallery at https://jetboaters.net/media/albums/bimini-2014.134/
@Bruce and @Tylers pictures are in the gallery at https://jetboaters.net/media/albums/bimini-2014.120/

#Bimini2015

We have a Preparing For Bimini thread with useful information at https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/ (Added by Bruce)
Hi all! Looking for a ride for wife for this trip, willing to pay. Pls let me know soonest. Thanks BIG!

zedxmike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
im good for cat cay, chub maybe

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will be going to Victory Reef south of Cat Cay. Probably several times.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm up for most anything...just don't know where and how far these places are. So, guess we'll make that decision over there

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Your trip sounds identical to the story I was told about this trip was this the one you were on? Took the over 6 hours to get to west end.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
^^^ yup..matter of fact I'm in the credits and you can see our Glacier Bay at the fuel dick for like 5 seconds.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Our dates have been selected!

This thread has been updated for the Bimini 2015 trip. It is important to notify me of your commitment to participate so that I can keep an accurate headcount. Please provide a contact cellular phone number, number of people on your boat, boat model/make. This personal information will only be shared by the few organizers of the event.

The dates have been changed to July to allow for a 15% discount/group rate that @Bruce arranged for our group at Bimini Sands. We need 15 rooms/condos for the group rate.

DATES
Captain's Meeting - Evening of July 5th at the BahiaMar or nearby.
Departure for Bimini - 6am July 6th from the BahiaMar.
Departure for Ft. Lauderdale - 6am July 11th.

BAHIA MAR HOTEL IN FT. LAUDERDALE
Make your reservation for the BahiaMar hotel at 1-954-764-2233. Sorry, group rate policy was too strict make a group reservation at this hotel.

Make your reservation for your slip at the BahiaMar by calling or filling out the below form. There IS a group rate for the slips at $1.25/ft, no minimum. Their phone number is 954.627.6309. They are located at the BahiaMar hotel, but are a separate business. The group name is "Jet Boaters."

BIMINI SANDS CONDOS
The group name here is also "Jet Boaters." Make your reservation at the Bimini Sands by filling out the attached form and/or contacting them at 242.347.3500 (international call). If you are requesting a specific room, please call 242.347.3500. For general reservations you can call their toll free number at 800.737.1007. If you are emailing your reservation, please email the form to jonisha@southbiminisands.com or lavon@southbiminisands.com. Below you will find their discounted rates and their reservation form. The discount applies to your slip as well.

CUSTOMS
Please remember to fill out the customs form (also attached). We also hope to have the immigration forms available at the captain's meeting. The custom's form needs to be completed by the master of the vessel. This form should be downloaded and filled out prior to departure. Each person/family needs to fill out the immigration form but cannot be downloaded. More info on customs/immigration can be found at Bahamas.com/boating or http://www.bahamas.com/boating-enter-exit

PIGROAST
Last year we had a fabulous potluck/pigroast at honeymoon harbor. Everyone backed their boat up to the beach and put their spread on the swim decks. It was an awesome time and even included a couple of engagements!

@Bruce has already volunteered to supply the razorback ham!

Throw in with your menu, I'm already getting hungry!

https://jetboaters.net/threads/bimini-2015-potluck-pigroast.4412/

T-SHIRTS
Last year @andy07sx230ho put together some awesome t-shirts!

More info here
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-bimini-shirts.4413/

BIMINI INFO
Lots of helpful info about preparation and the destination is posted in the thread Preparing For Bimini https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/

THANKS
Thanks to @Bruce, @andy07sx230ho , and @justason for their help organizing all of this for our group!

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS
@upperdeck Unit 12A, from Milwaukee WI, 212X, 4 adults, 4 kids
@andy07sx230ho, 7Q, from Chapin, SC, SX230, 4 adults
@Bruce, 21M, from Royal AR, SX230, 2 adults, 8 year old daughter, 5 year old son
@tim h 4Q, big ass boat, FL, 2 adults, 2 kids
@veedubtek and @DieselCamel, 1A, Winston Salem, NC, 4 adults
@chris24, 15B, from Tampa FL, 212SS, two people, maybe more.
@kthrash 8E and 8F, from Madison MS, 212X, 4 adults, 4 kids
@robert843, 7B, From Myrtle Beach, SC info to follow
@Justin G., 3D, From Hinckley, IL, 4 adults, 1 child
@waterboy 15J, from Holly Springs, NC, 2 adults
@zedxmike, 12B, from Orlando, FL, 2 adults
@1948Isaac from Cape Coral, FL
@BigJay17 from Orlano, Fl, 2 adults, 3 kids
@Tony Sweasy, Enterprise, AL, 3 adults
@Kristen, info to come
@DiverB, Harrison TWP, Michigan, 1 adult
@ScarabMike, Fleming Island, FL
@ArmyChief, 21R, AR192, North Port, FL, 1 couples, 1 teens
@David Hoff, 16B & 16C, AR210, Atlanta, GA, 2 adults, 2 kids
@Ramblin Wreck, 4K, Ski, Atlanta, GA, 2 adults, 1 child.
@MrMoose, 10F, AR240, Spring, TX, 3 persons

PICTURES FROM BIMINI 2014
@waterboy's pictures are in the gallery at https://jetboaters.net/media/albums/bimini-2014.134/
@Bruce and @Tylers pictures are in the gallery at https://jetboaters.net/media/albums/bimini-2014.120/

#Bimini2015

We have a Preparing For Bimini thread with useful information at https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/ (Added by Bruce)
@JROD I have ended up with only 2 of us in my boat. I have room and we can talk when down in FL on Sunday evening.
We will be going to Victory Reef south of Cat Cay. Probably several times.
There is another uninhabited island across channel from Cat Cay with an old light house and torn down dock that is a great for shallow water snorkeling, lots of Manta Rays frequent the place. Also if anyone is interested, I have a friend there that can arrange an awesome swim with Dolphins or sharks. A visit to the shark lab located in Port Royal(south Bimini) is a must, specially for the kids.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We would be all in on the dolphin/shark experience. We have seen a few sharks while scuba diving, not many. No dolphins...