• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sure I'm game how much

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Bruce & @Rana
Your first pic is Blue Runner, they are a great bait fish, we used them for marlin and a few other big game. The second pic is a grunt, the third is Yellow Tail Snapper, the last is a Trigger. I have eaten all but the blue runners...

You need to watch for mercury, it varies in different fish by region, for example in the Gulf you cannot eat Barracuda due to the mercury present in them however in the Bahamas they do not have it there. The easiest way to tell is find a tarnshed penny, slip it in the gill plates and let it sit for about 15 min. If it starts to get clean the fish has high mercury, if it does nothing you are safe.

Last edited:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just so you all know I am planning some big fishing for next years trip. I am looking to get some schoolie dolphin (aka. Dorado or Mahi Mahi we call the smaller ones schoolies or chicken dolphin and you catch one, leave it in the water close to the boat, grab your light tackle and a bare shiny hook and catch the rest of his friends, they school into a frenzy, its a lot of fun and a bloody mess too...), wahoo and hopefully a yellow fin tuna... there will be some hours put on the 212X trolling. :)

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@tim h, we checked Honey Moon Harbor but did not find your snorkel. It was covered up by yachts and sailing cats today.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well after a full big bottle of salt away and hours of scrubbing everything is put away and it's time to get back to the grind. It was great meeting everyone. The wife said after the crossing on the way over that she didn't think she would want to do it again but on the drive home she was telling me how we should trade our 20 ft hurricane deck boat in on a bigger boat for next years trip . Special thanks to @andy07sx230ho @Bruce @chris24 @tim h for towing the wife and daughter around I didn't even realize it until she mentioned it but the only day she even rode the second ski we had @andy07sx230ho bring across was Tuesday and she spent the rest of the time bumming around on your guys boats. Seriously a great group of people all that were involved. @waterboy we really should try and get a gathering together before the end of the summer for the South East Crew even if it's just for a quick weekend.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's already, kinda sorta, almost, a plan already @robert843 !

And by that I mean, several us have mentioned planning something after Bimini, but we haven't done it yet.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is a bit of footage of our bimini trip this past week. We add a great time with everyone of the group.

Last edited:

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You too @1948Isaac ...we aren't far from one another..let's try to plan a get together one weekend. (I'll come down there or e'll work something out :) )

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thank you all for a great week in Bimini !
It was great to meet everyone, and to see some old faces again. The week flies by so fast , wish I had more time to chat with everyone.
I'm glad to have been able to help out some of those in need of a ride !

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well after a full big bottle of salt away and hours of scrubbing everything is put away and it's time to get back to the grind. It was great meeting everyone. The wife said after the crossing on the way over that she didn't think she would want to do it again but on the drive home she was telling me how we should trade our 20 ft hurricane deck boat in on a bigger boat for next years trip . Special thanks to @andy07sx230ho @Bruce @chris24 @tim h for towing the wife and daughter around I didn't even realize it until she mentioned it but the only day she even rode the second ski we had @andy07sx230ho bring across was Tuesday and she spent the rest of the time bumming around on your guys boats. Seriously a great group of people all that were involved. @waterboy we really should try and get a gathering together before the end of the summer for the South East Crew even if it's just for a quick weekend.
Sounds like a plan,

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Let's do Chief's house he has some of the best sand bars in his area and the water is some of the best in Florida

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Let's do Chief's house he has some of the best sand bars in his area and the water is some of the best in Florida
My old stomping grounds. Some of the best sand bars were down by Little Gasparilla Island just north of Boca Grande Pass. There is also some great food at Cabbage Key on Cayo Costa and Rum Bay on Palm Island and some cabins to rent on Little Bokeelia Island that are decent and cheap for a weekend getaway. Charlotte Harbor has a lot to offer in the R&R area for sure.