• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2016 - Ft. Lauderdale to Bimini

Chris-MS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just throwing this out there. My family so wants to make this trip. We have tried to make this trip the last 2 years and had things come up that prevented us from going.

I expect the trip would need to be made in June....

So who is in?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Chris-MS I'm sure there will be a bunch of people in. The annual trips dates usually get anounced in January sometime. Usually for a June or July trip.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Already in the works. Have patience my young padowan. Dates are usually hashed out in January as mentioned.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really want to go next year! My wife is not to crazy about trailering the boat from St.Louis, MO, but I think she will relent. Watching some videos from previous trips is helping, too!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really want to go next year! My wife is not to crazy about trailering the boat from St.Louis, MO, but I think she will relent. Watching some videos from previous trips is helping, too!
It's worth it last year we had several people tow from that distance and longer Arkansas, TX, and Wisconsin. I'm thinking of towing up to Shelbyville next year as it looked like they had a blast up there. I will be doing the Bahamas again this year as well just unsure if it's Bimini or somewhere else yet but will likely be the Bimini trip again. If your wife doesn't like the thought of towing that far fly her down to either Ft Lauderdale or somewhere in Florida whatever is cheapest from your area and pick her up to let her miss that part of the trip ;).

Mike Coultas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@swatski We are also from the St. Louis area thinking about making the trip next year. I am also working the same angle on my wife. Showing her videos and pictures and thinking I have her convinced!!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski We are also from the St. Louis area thinking about making the trip next year. I am also working the same angle on my wife. Showing her videos and pictures and thinking I have her convinced!!
For the Bimini 2015 trip, we towed 1200 miles from Texas, over the July 9th holiday... No problems going to Ft. Lauderdale, but we hit construction through Louisiana that extended our drive back by about 4 hrs. If you have a tandem trailer, bring a few two by four slabs in case you get a flat; it's a convenient way to jack up your trailer if you need to change a tire. Spray your trailer with corrosion prevention spray before you leave, to minimize the effects of the salt water. It will make a big difference when you dip your trailer into the salt water. The trip to Bimini is sooo worth it. It was a boy trip (my son's and I) because my wife is more accustomed to luxury, less adventurous vacation) for me, and I hope that my sons don't give me the "been there, done that" for the 2016 trip.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This year we were all over the place, on a typical year we head to Mark Twain Lake a lot. Try to hit table rock at least once, and go to Shelbyville a few tiles too.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@sstegh @swatski Once they post dates then we will check calendars to make sure we can do this trip... Where do you both do your boating?
We rent a covered slip at Meramec Marina in Sunset Hills. Marina is a big word... But it is 10min from where we live in Des Peres/Kirkwood area, can't beat that, I tried.
And after years of leaving chunks of props, lower units, and pride at the bottom of the river, I can navigate it with my eyes closed, so things get more pleasant.

Anyway - it is a beautiful river, and reasonably easy to navigate when the water is high (right now it is not). I still go every week, there is a couple of "lakes" down from us that are 30ft deep all the time - perfect for water sports and usually have it to ourselves this time of year.

I also like Kaskaskia river and put in in New Athens. I like to go up towards Carlyle lake, it is stunningly beautiful, although I did get stuck up there recently, way past Fayetteville, it was a bit scary...

We take the kids to Bull Shoals lake every Summer, that is my fav lake around here. We all do some wakeboarding and such, but I love how underpopulated it is, and the water clarity - and being able to dive and spear fish, which is perfectly legal in the great state of Arkansas BTW:D.

Last edited:

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@swatski , I've been on the meramec many times, my house is 5 minutes from George winter park where we launch. Your right, marina might be too big a word for that place.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Meramec is great, and the convenience of the marina... We have a few guys with ski boats, but of course you won't see them around with the water so low. That's why I love my freaking Yammy.

If you see a blue SX190 with a person wakeboarding behind it in December - please wave to me!
I so wish the days were longer.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As of now I'm in for the 2016 Bimini trip. Unless something unfortunate happens or the dates will not work...then we're 100% in for this trip. I am actually looking forward to the trip from Hobart Indiana to Florida towing the "Indian Princess"!

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im hoping the 2016 trip will be late june. 2015, we were fully in when the dates around mid june were talked about, but the move to leaving on 4th of july weekend made it impossible for us.

My wish list would be to try to leave out on the 12th`13th of june 2016, an not come back until the 27th`28th`29th. (as in, we leave out, and the weather outlook is perfect and we push on to exumas!)

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Interested-

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
if its over the 4th of july week, I should be able to make it.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Put me in coach!!!! We can't wait for that trip.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
is there a date set?