• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2016 - Ft. Lauderdale to Bimini

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last year the date was set on January 19th. @Bruce Do you know who is taking charge on setting this up this year as through some other conversations I'm not sure if our beloved leader from last year is attending or setting a date due to some other obligations he has going on.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, the last I have heard from @upperdeck was that he is going but I know he has been getting deeper and deeper into his awesome plane build. Let's give him time to decide his plans and determine what dates work for him.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'd so be down to go on my FX HO ski if someone would carry my wife over in the boat if thats an option well there and back i guess! Excited to learn more as I've been showing this off to my wife non stop.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Please do not wait on me to decide any dates this year. It is unlikely our family will make the group crossing. Best of luck!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been working with Bimini Sands to find out what dates have high availability and to negotiate a discounted rate.

So far what I have learned is that they are fully booked June 10 to 13. I hoped that was the Boston Whaler group but it is not.

The Whalers have not confirmed their dates yet. The Whalers fully occupy Bimini and consume all the fuel, supplies, resteraunts and fish in the area. So we want to plan around their trip. I am reaching out to all the contacts that I have to try to learn when their trip will be.

For now please get your registration completed which includes a vote for how long you would like to stay in Bimini. The more participants that register the easier it will be to get the discount. Last year we were able to get a 15% discount which really adds up on $275 a night condos.

Once we know how log you want to stay and when the Whalers will be there we will have a poll to select from the available date ranges.

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really want to go next year! My wife is not to crazy about trailering the boat from St.Louis, MO, but I think she will relent. Watching some videos from previous trips is helping, too!
Hey man, I ready your post about the wife not wanting to trailer the boat. I have a couple going with us. We are sending the ladies via Delta, and the guys are towing down. Who the heck wants to travel 9 hours with two chick..hehe

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey man, I ready your post about the wife not wanting to trailer the boat. I have a couple going with us. We are sending the ladies via Delta, and the guys are towing down. Who the heck wants to travel 9 hours with two chick..hehe
@swatski has booked a unit at Bimini sands so he has either talked her into it or decided to leave her at home lol.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I really want to go but this year it is just not in the cards for me. Too many financial obligations that will be wrapped up this year so on the bright side after this year, I shoud have some funds free up for the 2017 trip.

Gus Montoya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey everyone, we've been wanting to do the cross since last yr, cant wait and the dates are perfect for us. Just need to make sure that we prep correctly and follow the more experienced captains across. Happy Days!!!

Angel Mejia

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I would like to join the group going to Bimini. Is it to late sign up?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey everyone, we've been wanting to do the cross since last yr, cant wait and the dates are perfect for us. Just need to make sure that we prep correctly and follow the more experienced captains across. Happy Days!!!
Gus add your location so we can see where your at on the user map!

Carlos M Sanchez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When is the trip i want to go in my jetboat. Im in miami

Bruce