• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BIMINI 2017 July 22 - 26

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a continuation of the previous thread looking for a small group to go on a trip late June 2017.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/bimini-2017-week-of-june-19-25.12686/

I wanted to start a fresh new thread to see who could actually make the dates above (or something close that we could all make). Due to my work schedule I will not be able to attend the organized JetBoaters.net trip but still want to go with a group... including at least one experienced person who has made the trip before.

Who can go? Where would you like to put in at? Any other ideas?
This would be our first trip - however we are used to open water as we frequently play in the Gulf of Mexico.

These are the people who originally showed interest in these dates - any takers?
@Tony C. @Water4fire @Alex&Elena @MarkEnMiami @esteban @Gary212ss @hobineros @2nazt @Allison Kasper

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I could possibly do something around August 12-15 or something but Fire School is everyday of the week till August 7th.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like I'm going to have to slide this schedule to the right.

New dates - 07/22 - 07/26. -- Anyone care to join?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like I'm going to have to slide this schedule to the right.

New dates - 07/22 - 07/26. -- Anyone care to join?
I updated the title for you. Can you not make some time in the July 10th to 15th range and hang out with the group?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I updated the title for you. Can you not make some time in the July 10th to 15th range and hang out with the group?
No sir. I work offshore. (two weeks at work, two weeks at home). My July schedule starts on 07/05... coming home 07/19.
I'll be on the water, but not the good kind.

Right now I'm just working on all the required paperwork to get there and back.... and bring the dog.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you guys think this is decent weather to cross to Bimini in?
@Bruce @Julian @MarkEnMiami
Since @Gary212ss is heading out on 06/24, returning on the 28th - I am looking to join. I live in the south and understand that 60% can be a very wide estimate.

Thoughts?

Attachments

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since @Gary212ss is heading out on 06/24, returning on the 28th - I am looking to join. I live in the south and understand that 60% can be a very wide estimate.

Thoughts?
Have a look at Weather Reports for sources of weather info.

Looking at PassageWeather the forecast for the 24th is at the upper end of what I would want to take the group out into.

Ideally I want to see a forecast of less than 2 foot seas with less than 10 mph wind for a crossing that involves new ocean boaters following experienced leaders. If it is new ocean boaters own their own then I would want want lesser seas.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Thoughts?
It is starting to look nasty

IMG_2579.PNG

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thoughts?
I agree the rain percentages do not mean much but the 4-5 second periods they are calling for suck. I'm likely leaving the 24th as well heading to Abaco Bahamas from West Palm and I will admit based on the current forecast I'm not looking forward to it. I will not feel unsafe in those conditions but it will be a rattle your teeth out of your head kind of day.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
yep - already made that call. (due to having to stay at work)
Thanks for still looking @Bruce, but I am not going this month.

Instead ---- I get to stay in the Gulf of Mexico on an oil platform during this "rain" storm.
yay me!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don't worry @Bruce - the OT itself will pay for the trip :winkingthumbsup"

And if gets really bad out here --- well the wife will be REALLY - REALLY rich!!

Larry Robinson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We made the trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Bimini on 6/15-18/2017. Just got back...I went over in a Chaparral 264 which is just marginally larger and heavier than the typical jet boat.
Went with about 10 other boats, some larger and some about our size. Waves were projected to be 2-3 ft. and that would have been fine if that was all. I think 2-4 going over and 2-5 coming back.
We boat in the gulf around Pensacola, but mostly in the ICW and Bays........ think I will stay in the little water from now on !!!! Although give me a few months...might change my mind !!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Larry Robinson - thank you for the feedback. We're hanging out with family in PCB, FL this weekend and took the family out into the gulf for a little "pre-run".

We normally boat near Orange Beach, AL and in the same kind of waters you boat in.

We're well aware of the difference in the seas, and the possibility, of the high rollers. But like you said.... give me a few months. I'm looking forward to the crystal clear waters in paradise.

Last edited:

Junior

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
hey guys i live in Miami and I'm also interested in going to bimini since it will be my first time. im only available on weekends

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
hey guys i live in Miami and I'm also interested in going to bimini since it will be my first time. im only available on weekends
How would the dates above work for you?

My family and I are still planning on going - leaving on Saturday, July 22nd. You could at least travel over with us.

Junior

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How would the dates above work for you?

My family and I are still planning on going - leaving on Saturday, July 22nd. You could at least travel over with us.

yea Saturday is fine with me.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Coheeba - I saw you mentioning wanting to go to Bimini.

Would you like to cross with us? 7/22 - 7/26

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a big family reunion during that time. I have a tons of experience driving offshore boats, 33' & 40' Fountains in extremely rough water, and I am not sure that I want to risk my Yamie. The weather can change in an instant and you cant just stop once committed. If I went my wife would not go after reading the posts from this past week. Thanks for the invite. If you come down to PCB give me a call and we will go out for a drink at the very least.

Rafael Naveiras jr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a continuation of the previous thread looking for a small group to go on a trip late June 2017.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/bimini-2017-week-of-june-19-25.12686/

I wanted to start a fresh new thread to see who could actually make the dates above (or something close that we could all make). Due to my work schedule I will not be able to attend the organized JetBoaters.net trip but still want to go with a group... including at least one experienced person who has made the trip before.

Who can go? Where would you like to put in at? Any other ideas?
This would be our first trip - however we are used to open water as we frequently play in the Gulf of Mexico.

These are the people who originally showed interest in these dates - any takers?
@Tony C. @Water4fire @Alex&Elena @MarkEnMiami @esteban @Gary212ss @hobineros @2nazt @Allison Kasper
Hello my name is Ralph iam also interested in boating to bimini from miami or ft Lauderdale