• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2017 week of June 19-25

sudsandbunz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi. Im / Were new here. First jet boat :) I know my boat came with a Bimini top, but there seems to be a lot of posts over a Bimini group as well as a destination. Can anyone give me a quick rundown on both? Would love to find a group in the vegas area.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi. Im / Were new here. First jet boat :) I know my boat came with a Bimini top, but there seems to be a lot of posts over a Bimini group as well as a destination. Can anyone give me a quick rundown on both? Would love to find a group in the vegas area.
Welcome aboard sir!! Congrats on the boat.

The bimini top is the sun shad that is over our vessels. The Bimini, Bahamas trip is a destination that many like to go to. Most leave from Ft. Lauderdale, FL or Miami, FL and travel 50 nautical miles over to the most western Bahama island - named Bimini.

As for finding a local group I highly recommend utilizing the "user map" that can be accessed from the top left of any page on this forum. You can add your own "anchor" by placing your home town or local zip code to your personal information so that other can see where you are and arrange meet-ups.

Allison Kasper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Bruce..... I am trying to book our room in FL for the trip and the block that was reserved is full but she said that you could get more opened for the discount!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce..... I am trying to book our room in FL for the trip and the block that was reserved is full but she said that you could get more opened for the discount!
Allison, if you are trying to book for the July 10th to 15th trip please call Bimini Sands (954) 463-4829 and book asap. I believe that a few condos recently opened up but they were full at one point.

Previous requests for more discounted rooms at Bahia Mar were declined.

Allison Kasper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Allison, if you are trying to book for the July 10th to 15th trip please call Bimini Sands (954) 463-4829 and book asap. I believe that a few condos recently opened up but they were full at one point.

Previous requests for more discounted rooms at Bahia Mar were declined.
Oh..... I am reserving Bimini Sands now! I have one at Bahia Mar outside of the discounted ones but she said that whomever booked the first block could call and have them reserve another block with the same rates! Thank you!!!!!! Beyond excited.....

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there any set dates at the end of this month?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@BigJay17 - I was originally trying to go at the end of this month 6/24 - 6/28... however I will not be able to make those dates and instead am trying for the end of July.

Gary212ss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Are you and your wife still planning this trip? My boyfriend and I are wanting to go on the jet skis and are looking to go with some others but the other group in July is too large!
@Allison Kasper Yes, We are leaving June 24th and returning June 28th

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Gary212ss - where are yall staying at in Bimini?

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hope that no one is planning to cross on the 19th.

IMG_2294.PNG

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie We have a house booked on the south end of the island. It has its own dock for the boat.
That sounds great - would you mind forwarding me the link to that place?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bennie We have a house booked on the south end of the island. It has its own dock for the boat.
Which house are you staying in? The biggest issue with the channel homes is that they are often covered up in mosquitos and noseeums as soon as the sun falls. A secondary issue is that you will need tie your boat to allow for the tidal changes. On the positive side you should be allowed to walk or golf cart to Bimini Sands and use the pool.

Gary212ss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Which house are you staying in? The biggest issue with the channel homes is that they are often covered up in mosquitos and noseeums as soon as the sun falls. A secondary issue is that you will need tie your boat to allow for the tidal changes. On the positive side you should be allowed to walk or golf cart to Bimini Sands and use the pool.
It's call the Bahama Boat house. It's in the F shaped channel.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Please remember to take your insect repellent!
Insect repellant is not enough. We stayed in that channel last year. We had 98.11% DEET spray. If it helped, I'd hate to see what it would've been like without. I'm normally not bothered at all by insects, they were still tearing me up My wife wouldn't even sit outside once it got near dark. It was definitely nice and quiet back there, and having our own private 50' dock was nice, but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't do it again.