• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Boot

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boot is shredded. It had a hole when I bought it, but it’s a goner now. Saw some replacements on Amazon for around $45, but they didn’t get the best reviews. The OEM replacement is $120, and I assume has the strap/buckle in addition to the zipper.

If any of you have replaced your boot, did you go cheaper or OEM? Also, so I can avoid ruining the replacement, are you supposed to tow with the bimini completely taken off and stored on the boat somehow?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would probably get one custom made the factory one is to tight I would want one made just slightly bigger to make putting the bimini top away less of a chore.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had one custom made by Sugar House Awning in Salt Lake City, UT. The whole transaction was over the phone and email. Boot is awesome. It cost a little bit more than the one I tried off of ebay... none of them would fit.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You could have a nice one custom made for less than it costs to replace the stock one. I'd go that route.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I will look into custom and keep an eye elsewhere. Sounds like skipping the cheap Amazon one is the way to go.

jasoraso

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had one custom made by Sugar House Awning in Salt Lake City, UT. The whole transaction was over the phone and email. Boot is awesome. It cost a little bit more than the one I tried off of ebay... none of them would fit.
I live local to Sugar House Awning in Salt Lake, and they made me a new boot a few years ago. It has held up great. They've also made me a new bow cover and cockpit cover (the snap kinds). The bow cover used the same snaps (they had my boat). The Cockpit cover they recommended a different configuration on the snaps, and it has worked great. I went back and had them add some more flaps so I could leave the bimini strapped to the tower (my preferred storage place for the bimini when I'm not using the bimini, and when I'm not trailering the boat.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got mine from Overtons about 4 years ago. Think I paid $39 with free shipping. Quality has been great with a heavy duty zipper but I couldn't believe the color was a dead on match with my red bimini. I see they currently offer Sunbrella also.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got mine from overtons as well around two years ago. It was a about $60. I also had two made so that I can leave the top connected to the tower yet still cover the top. The Home ,aide one was about $700 the shop built one around 400ish. Another option if buying on line is to get one that fits a pontoon boat Bimini, same length but can accommodate an bigger binimin.

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So in my desire to get a clean Bimini top cover, I threw both the cover and the boot in the front loading wash machine. The cover itself turned out well. However, the boot ended up with about a foot long shredded gash on the seam. I don't think enough material remains to sew it back together. Any suggestions for a 2017 AR190 except for a 200-300 dollar OEM? I have searched all over the place and I can find some, but none have the straps to clip on to the wake tower. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I took mine to a local canvas shop and they were able to fabricate one for about $100. Took it to a screen print shop and they put the Yamaha name/log on it for another $25.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Attwood makes great ones and they are not expensive. Measure and order after some googling, is my humble suggestion.

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took mine to a local canvas shop and they were able to fabricate one for about $100. Took it to a screen print shop and they put the Yamaha name/log on it for another $25.
Appreciate the response. I have it with me today will likely try the same. That thing should've never came apart at the seams and shredded like that.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here’s a photo of the damaged one and the reproduction. The canvas shop that I took it to made it out of heavy duty canvas and a jumbo zipper that made getting it closed a bit easier.

C1C597EC-A358-4128-B821-21B2C6CB5F7A.jpeg

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s a photo of the damaged one and the reproduction. The canvas shop that I took it to made it out of heavy duty canvas and a jumbo zipper that made getting it closed a bit easier.

View attachment 146703
Very nice! Mine has the 2 additional straps with clips to attach to the tower. I would imagine it's nothing they can't handle. It never came with the Yam logo though. That looks cool.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a boot made for my bimini (it was lost by the prior owner). I found a place in Salt Lake City (lived in WA State at the time) that was very reasonable and did all the work with me on the phone. They produced and shipped me a fantastic boot!

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dropped it off at the local canvas guy today. 130 bucks. Not horrible but it will be slightly larger, straps to clip off on the tower and strings on the bottom to keep out the water and bugs(my idea) the actual top suffered some major tough stains from the original boot being so small.