• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

bimini emergency

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Glad the folks made it back in one piece and that it seems everyone is ok, now for the engine diagnosis.
Quick dumb question, didn't want to start a new thread. When running on one engine you should clamp the cooling line of the engine that isn't running correct? Just like towing? I assume the answer is yes, just wanted to verify.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad the folks made it back in one piece and that it seems everyone is ok, now for the engine diagnosis.
Quick dumb question, didn't want to start a new thread. When running on one engine you should clamp the cooling line of the engine that isn't running correct? Just like towing? I assume the answer is yes, just wanted to verify.
Correct, clamp the non- running engine.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Fantastic news!
@JetBoatPilot - well, you called it.
Good call!

@Dan_NC for our information - any idea how did they do on fuel? Did they manage with one tank or did they have spare fuel on board? That would be really good to know as a future reference.

I do not believe we know of anyone else attempting the Bimini crossing on one engine!
Very impressive, actually.

--
You made it back on one engine in 2016.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep.

I guess I did not have any need to compensate...
:D

--
fair..... but it seems that you do now!!!! not only compensating, but all the enhancements make wonder even more