• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini frame fabricator for 2006 Yamaha sx230

iforgotit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2006 sx230 that has all 4 bows of the Bimini bent in the center from hitting a bridge in the upright stored position. I’m looking to see if anyone knows of a frame bender / fabricator in Michigan? Or if anyone knows of a good replacement frame as the OEM tubes are not available any more. I feel like I’ve called every canvas shop in the area, and the tube benders in the area are automotive and don’t have the dye for a large radius bend. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited:

iforgotit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Something from this site may work. Yamaha SX230 Bimini Tops - iboats.com But honestly I would just buy a generic bimini and put that on. Maybe something like this Amazon.com
Thanks for the reply and options. I’m new to boating and I guess I didn’t realize these are so generic. I was thinking there may have been a particular brand that was better than the others for the specific boat. Again thanks and have a great weekend.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Aluminum tubing bends easily. Stainless steel tubing is much stronger. Most canvas workers will only work with S.S. because aluminum can bend just looking at it. Lol I know of a guy in Port Clinton, Ohio but not near you. I have a bender for the outer radii as well as the crown, but I have no sticks of stainless that long at present and no way to ship a 4 bow frame safely and economically.

This is what we use. https://canvastraining.com/product/super-bow-bender-crowner-video-incl/

iforgotit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aluminum tubing bends easily. Stainless steel tubing is much stronger. Most canvas workers will only work with S.S. because aluminum can bend just looking at it. Lol I know of a guy in Port Clinton, Ohio but not near you. I have a bender for the outer radii as well as the crown, but I have no sticks of stainless that long at present and no way to ship a 4 bow frame safely and economically.

This is what we use. https://canvastraining.com/product/super-bow-bender-crowner-video-incl/
Thank you so very much. Port Clinton is actually only an hour and a half away from me! I have a friend who said to splice and rivet them. Maybe I’ll try that. If your guy is interested I’d be happy to send him some pictures.