• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini prep - tow insurance

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for advice on what I’ll need to cover any towing coverage for a Bimini Bahamas trip. BoatUS has an unlimited saltwater coverage membership that includes $3k in towing reimbursement. I also want some trailer coverage since I’ll be trailering from Philly to Florida

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
there is a person who got towed from Bimini to FL back in 2017. I Edgar Almonte I think it was but I am not sure. @swatski knows his handle for sure. All he had to do was take the boat a couple of miles off the coast of Bimini. He could probably fill you in in details, but I think it is fairly straight forward. The only thing to keep in mind is that towing does not cover "salvage", so if for whatever reason they put a pump on your boat that is all out of pocket and you will be in for a nasty surprise.

I am not so sure that you mean by trailer coverage. The trailer & boat will be covered under whatever policy you are caring in PA. If you have full coverage, then even if the trailer gets stolen in Florida you will be covered. If you are worried that the trailer might fail on you that is a different story. But I do not see that being the case. As long as your bearings and tires are good, there is little that can go wrong.

At the end of the day there is plenty of forum members between Florida and PA to help you if things go bad.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length