• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Top Wakeboard Position

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thing is Yamaha didn't make the canvas top, tower or bimini frame. That's all from XTP. You can try to take it up with Yamaha but short of redesigning the bimini frame and making a new fabric top I'm not sure what all they could do except order you another one which likely will have the same thing happen. I've just grown to accept it and it's not ever been a problem for us pulling things behind the boat.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I modified the middle poles cutting 2-1/4" off of them and couldn't be happier. Like others have said, I tried everything to get those back poles on lower settings and it was not going to happen - no way. Now it is still tight but back poles are on the lowest setting.

I also store it differently now as well by putting the whole bimini up over in front of the tow point on top of the tower and hook the back poles into the middle pole mounts. I like this storage location better cause it gets it out of the way of the tow point when using the tow point with the bimini folded up. I also took the set screws out of the back poles where they attach to the bimini frame, this allows me to swivel the back poles into a better position to storage mount them in the middle pole mounts. I've found that the set screws are unnecessary when using the bimini so I don't miss them.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if there’s a warranty question here to be had. If you bought a car under warranty and a factory feature didn’t work as intended a repair would be in order.... I’m a little disappointed; I gravitated towards Yamaha because it’s a complete package of Japanese engineering and manufacturing. This seems like a glaring problem that shouldn’t require end user modification to obtain factory function. It’s just a canvas cover, sure, but if your convertible car top didn’t function correctly a manufacturer remedy would be in order.
Meh, I'm not upset about it at all. To me it's one of those features that never really gets used. I had "hooks" in the trunk of my Audi that were for hanging grocery bags. One broke off, and I didn't care. Never used them anyway.

If you're getting some wear on the top from the tow rope, that would be a different story.

YamaJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve had my 18’ AR190 for 3 weeks...No way it would have gone last week, but was able to get mine into the middle notch this weekend...I didn’t really try last week because it was pretty tight, we got caught in some rain this past weekend and I noticed water was actually standing a little on the canvas...I decided at that point there had to to be some additional stretch to it and popped it down.

kypdurron5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
432CE714-036B-4039-BFB9-36FE91574DE6.jpeg Success! Without too much difficulty actually; turns out it just required a helper weighing more than 100lbs with some guns. Having the strength to do both sides at the same time made a huge difference.