• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can start a new thread, but the chances of me going to Bimini are slim to none. 🤣
I love the thread, I love to hear the stories, I love to see the videos, but Bimini is too much Miami-like for me.
If/when we go again, it will be Abacos or Exumas.
I'm trying to get a transfer to TN. Until that happens, I don't think I can make it happen, just the oversize load towing from KC to FL is too much for just a 1 week trip.
I’d love to do a trip to exumas! I agree 7 days is too short if you’re having to tow the boat 1000 miles! I’d be up for a trip like that!

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’d love to do a trip to exumas! I agree 7 days is too short if you’re having to tow the boat 1000 miles! I’d be up for a trip like that!
I wish it was only 1,000 miles. :D
It's 1,500 miles each way of permitted oversized towing - daylight only, @ 7mpg, so only 550 miles per day.
Just towing to West Palm Beach and back takes me 6 days and $3,000 in gas, permits, food, and hotels.

I'm trying hard to get a transfer to TN or GA, and when that happens, it's GO TIME!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, do any groups go beyond Bimini trips? I agree 5 days is a short vacation when you have to tow 2 days each way. Would like to go next year.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, do any groups go beyond Bimini trips? I agree 5 days is a short vacation when you have to tow 2 days each way. Would like to go next year.
I went over for a full 7 days after towing from N.Illinois. It’s never long enough but 7 days was a good happy medium and not being rushed to check stuff out and do things. Also don’t make an itinerary for each day because weather & sea conditions change constantly. If you make plans to do something specific each day your going to stress yourself out. Just go with the conditions that your given at that particular time and be ready to change at a moments notice. If you wanted to go to the shipwreck in the late morning the conditions might not be ideal until late afternoon so just be willing to change things up. The only planned thing we did was the potluck and that even changed days & places from what was originally planned.

Last edited:

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
2022 planning begins! Just AirBNB booked 2 rooms at Bimini Cove for 7/30/22 thru 8/6/22!
Are those the dates? Much later than this year but if so I’m in!

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are those the dates? Much later than this year but if so I’m in!
Those are my dates, not the JetBoaters group. I suspect larger group will go late June / early July as usual. I went basically solo last year (crossed both ways solo, 2 other JetBoaters in Bimini around the same time) with 4 on the boat and don't care to again, but can certainly coordinate with anyone that wants to go at the same time. We're bringing 3 couples and the others couldn't do earlier in the summer. Hurricane season is a little more of a concern but fairly low risk.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those are my dates, not the JetBoaters group. I suspect larger group will go late June / early July as usual. I went basically solo last year (crossed both ways solo, 2 other JetBoaters in Bimini around the same time) with 4 on the boat and don't care to again, but can certainly coordinate with anyone that wants to go at the same time. We're bringing 3 couples and the others couldn't do earlier in the summer. Hurricane season is a little more of a concern but fairly low risk.
Start a new thread

Kevin Barry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m interested as well , would like to be added !

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone have video of the crossing over to Bimini? I went on Saturday with the small group of 5 or 6 boats. Conditions were less than favorable and I wasn't too concerned with videoing.

Thanks,

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
There’s a post about a crossing in facebook
Not sure if this is the one your looking for 84335703-539B-40DE-B0F6-A9F88D8749C7.png

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As do we... We actually just got back from Bimini yesterday (Carnival Cruise) and the minute we got off the ship, grabbed a golf cart and headed to Radio Beach and enjoyed a great afternoon with no cruise mobs. Hit Stuarts for some conch salad and stopped by Big Game for a drink by the Marina. Nothing will ever top going to Bimini through in your own boat.