• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
hello everyone,
first time attempting to cross 2 24' yamaha boats looking to join a larger group that will leave sunday june 27th. i understand there will be a captains meeting saturday night at bahia mar. our boats are docked there currently and would like to join the meeting and hopefully leave with a larger group. any insight or information to be able to joing the meeting will be much appreciated.
Welcome to the party....

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That is not true, and IMHO is how so many boats were damaged one year. We ran 14-15 mph for the first half of the crossing because going faster resulted in too much pounding and air launching. This is why you take extra gas. Only go as fast as you can without sustaining damage. If its too bad....turn back. I'm referring to the "you have to run 17mph" part of your statement ....please don't take that to mean you can't go slower....you often MUST go slower.....and often for a long time! This is often the case as you exit Port Everglades and for the first half of the trip (if its heavy seas).
I guess I should have made myself more clear, if you travel slower then 17mph for the entire trip you will run out of gas. I agree the safer alternative is to bring FUEL. If you try and average "when it can be done safely" 17mph you will make it with out a fuel stop is I guess what I was trying to express.. I didn't mean to infer at all costs run at 17mph. I watched the guys in 2017 destroy their boats hitting those monsters. I couldn't even stand up after the first hour my legs couldn't handle the pounding.

Fishpro1126

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Any way to join trip with this late of notice?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
updates????

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Burned just over 1/2 tank getting to Bimini today in about 4hrs. (Love the MR1). It was rough but doable obviously. Both kids and the wife did good. Only had to stop once to reposition fuel cans just outside the inlet. Cleaned the intake grates when I got to Big Game and surprisingly not much grass. Now time to recover from the beating we took getting here.
113D715E-70E7-4402-A969-F2F25ED3DA8D.jpeg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Burned just over 1/2 tank getting to Bimini today in about 4hrs. (Love the MR1). It was rough but doable obviously. Both kids and the wife did good. Only had to stop once to reposition fuel cans just outside the inlet. Cleaned the intake grates when I got to Big Game and surprisingly not much grass. Now time to recover from the beating we took getting here.
View attachment 154908
Fantastic! I'm envious.
Sounds like you guys did really well with the forecast that's been so-so.

--

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fantastic! I'm envious.
Sounds like you guys did really well with the forecast that's been so-so.

--
Yeah, it was rough but didn’t stuff it & take any water over the bow, just the typical occasional spray. Just paced ourselves and ran what was comfortable enough but still lost track of how many times we left the water. Now time to rest up for an enjoyable week over here.

Cmwoody

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all, I found this group meeting a guy pulling out of Harbortown the 24th when I put in. As fate had it, I had to leave my boat at Resorts World and fly out for a family emergency.

Boarding the ferry to come back and fetch it now. Expect to be fueling up and departing for port everglades around 12pm. Anyone else going back late? Looking for a buddy boat.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Conditions for the crossing look absolutely great right now, on windy.
1625242263091.png

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
so all the 242s how much fuel did you burn getting there ?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are a LOT of boats in Bimini today! Getting a bit stirred up just outside Bimini Cove with all of the traffic from larger vessels. We’re getting looks from some of them like they’ve never seen an open bow boat here before…. kinda funny.