• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Black Truffle Ribeye & Black Garlic Cauliflower Steaks

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Cauliflower:
Ingredients
1 large cauliflower
2 tablespoons butter
4 to 8 cloves black garlic
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove the leaves and trim the stem of the cauliflower, making sure to leave the core intact. Place the
cauliflower core side down and cut it into four 1/2 inch steaks, starting from the center. You may not be able to
get four steaks out of your cauliflower. Don’t throw the florets away though-season them as well.
3. Rub butter on both sides of the cauliflower steaks and loose florets and then rub with the peeled black garlic.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Place the steaks on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Flip the cauliflower and do a little taste test to see if you need to add more salt and pepper. Place back in the oven and roast for 15 more minutes. Serve.

Steaks:
45 day dry aged ribeyes (from Whole Foods)
Rub with black truffle oil and season with black truffle salt
Wrap in sahran wrap and put in fridge night before
Grill at 500 degrees, 7 minutes 1 side, 6 minutes other side (16 ounce steaks 1.5 inch thick for medium rare)

IMG_1593.jpg IMG_1591.jpg IMG_1595.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love cauliflower! I cook it all the time, a good sprinkle of olive oil and seasoning, then just blast it w/ 450deg convection. Just had it last week for a small party - that is also a great dish for your vegetarian/vegan guests, and there are those. If I have time, I whip up a yogurt/cumin dip to serve it.
upload_2018-4-30_22-59-23.png
I know, I've been pretty domesticated! lol

--

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can tell you we eat a lot more cauliflower than potato now. Usually have several heads in the frige. See...20180501_072908.jpg That steak looks tastier to me.