• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blacktip elite WAVE pattern 2008 sx230

Jon Gottschalk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I have had several SX230s and always gone with Elite blacktip classic in Gray/black. I picked up a 2008 SX230 with only 60 hours and gave here the whole 9 yards and went with the Elite wave pattern as the boat is a little on the edgy side compared to average SX230. I loved the install on the tower (came with boat) and the guy hit a homerun on the mount position; monster tower that I see on other SX230s but is positioned I think just right a bit further foward. The lines flow so well with the new graphics I installed.

Anyway, wanted to show of the WAVE elite as I have not seen anyone else do it. I love it for the wake look.....if anyone needs the hookup on them send me a PM...

Attachments

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Were those custom or a kit you can buy?

Jon Gottschalk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
These are custom but you can buy them. Most if not all people buy the "Classic" pattern the Seadek uses too. They have a wood plank look and are super nice looking; I have done 3 boats in Classic Gray/black and alot of people also go Toffee/black for a brownish wood hue (pic attached). I also have my 2006 sx230 and 2008 sx210 that I did a few years ago in the classic. I love the classic and is definetely the most refinded looking for the limiteds and regular sx230/240s, but for like the AR or X boats I could not wait to jazz it up with something a bit wilder....

With my 2008 SX230 watersports boat, like yours, I feel like the AR is wilder and wanted to try something different with the mats. I was really torn between wave pattern and the retro square; the retro kinda of matched my decals but in the end thought they were too busy on the big boat. You can make them anyway you want for $720 for complete kit (interior and exterior) The Blacktip elite as I am sure has been discussed quite a bit is identical to Seadek and a much better price.

Here are the options (yes I sell these but do not want to step on anyones toes):

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks great -

But I am more interested in the tower. Did you add it your self?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
These are custom but you can buy them. Most if not all people buy the "Classic" pattern the Seadek uses too. They have a wood plank look and are super nice looking; I have done 3 boats in Classic Gray/black and alot of people also go Toffee/black for a brownish wood hue (pic attached). I also have my 2006 sx230 and 2008 sx210 that I did a few years ago in the classic. I love the classic and is definetely the most refinded looking for the limiteds and regular sx230/240s, but for like the AR or X boats I could not wait to jazz it up with something a bit wilder....

With my 2008 SX230 watersports boat, like yours, I feel like the AR is wilder and wanted to try something different with the mats. I was really torn between wave pattern and the retro square; the retro kinda of matched my decals but in the end thought they were too busy on the big boat. You can make them anyway you want for $720 for complete kit (interior and exterior) The Blacktip elite as I am sure has been discussed quite a bit is identical to Seadek and a much better price.

Here are the options (yes I sell these but do not want to step on anyones toes):
WOAH! That's like half the price of seadek. Off to google to see where you can buy these.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Jon Gottschalk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What year 212? I have them for up to 2011....

Jon Gottschalk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks great -

But I am more interested in the tower. Did you add it your self?
Tower came with the boat when I bought and is Monster tower. Whole package with speakers, bimini, wet sound speakers, 2 racks was around $2700. You can buy a nice combo with less stuff but the bimini is nice in that it can go up to 45 mph but not ton of shade. The thing that makes this tower look so good is the location he set it up. It is farther foward and use existing holes where the rear grab handles were. The tower can then lean a bit further foward and is better balanced looked compared to some other aftermarket towers.....here is link

Monster Wakeboard Tower and Bimini Package

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What year 212? I have them for up to 2011....
2009 212x....if I dig further in the applications it shows they have it for my boat, just the image doesn't quite look like my layout. I'm guessing that's just to give you an idea of all the pieces, but may not be 100% exact?

Jon Gottschalk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2009 212x....if I dig further in the applications it shows they have it for my boat, just the image doesn't quite look like my layout. I'm guessing that's just to give you an idea of all the pieces, but may not be 100% exact?
Sorry for the delayed response as my email is older and don't check that often. 2009 212x will be exact fit.....like a glove and have personally installed on 2009

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry for the delayed response as my email is older and don't check that often. 2009 212x will be exact fit.....like a glove and have personally installed on 2009
Roger that! I've ordered quite a few parts from watercraft superstore. I'll wait until their black friday 50% off sale and knock it out in the off season.

Jon Gottschalk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, can't beat that if you can wait. Even beats dealer cost for them.....

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, can't beat that if you can wait. Even beats dealer cost for them.....
I'm in no rush to begin a project like that during peak boating season. My factory carpet is fine, and my rear swim deck is hanging on. Starting to come up a little in one of the corners, but all in all it's in good shape.

MacAR210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So your saying during Black Friday watercraft superstore offers 50 percent off everything even their blacktip mat kits? I was about to buy one but can hold off for the dis punt if that’s the case.

Jon Gottschalk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Blacktip stuff is 50% off on black friday and if you can wait, wait. They also have new 2 tone mats for the groove cut that are priced inexpesively, but for 50% off the elite, or around $360, can't beat that. You are getting seadek stuff for 1/3 of the cost.

MacAR210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I was looking at the elite mat kits. Full kit showed $723. I’ll for sure wait till Black Friday if I can get it for half! Thanks!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes I was looking at the elite mat kits. Full kit showed $723. I’ll for sure wait till Black Friday if I can get it for half! Thanks!
Exactly!
The Blacktip stuff is 50% off on black friday and if you can wait, wait. They also have new 2 tone mats for the groove cut that are priced inexpesively, but for 50% off the elite, or around $360, can't beat that. You are getting seadek stuff for 1/3 of the cost.
That was my thought process. No doubt seadek is quality material, but 3x more? I find that hard to believe.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sale starts at midnight. Unfortunately this is the first year ever it hasn't been 50% off. Even still at ~$500 for elite mats it's still a steal. We're gonna hop on it. Forgot to mention it's 30%.

Last edited: