• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue Sea "m" series switch failure FYI

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Found this post From my Tidewater forum, and just wanted to pass this along to everyone here. There is an issue with the Blue Seas "m" series switches.

From the member over there

"If any of you are following the electrical issue I am having with my boat I have an update and warning. There is an issue with the switches that causes them to fail due to excessive pressure in the housing.

First sign is voltage drop and issues with electronics. After that the switch can actually break apart. I have a 6011 with my add-a-battery but also affects all m series.

Blue Seas has a fix for current owners without problems. If you have one that is failing or has they will replace. Next month they are coming out with a new switch. The problem with switch is the red plastic is not strong enough and fails. The new switch uses black for the back housing and is coming out next month.

You can contact customer service at: 360-738-8230 option 2"

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@2nazt I ordered the Blue sea 7655 "add a battery plus" kit on 5/24 from Boaters Marine Supply. At that time the guy there told me that they were back ordered due to a "plastics problem with the switches". I checked on the order last week and the new ones are still not out yet, but soon he said. The Hull Truth has a thread on this topic too. Still waiting for the new switch and charger to arrive. The guy at Boaters Marine Supply said I was 12th on a list of 70 back orders. I hope yours has held up, there are stories of these switches coming apart off shore and having to jump the switch to get home. This was going to be my final mod. for the season, hopefully it will happen this season.

Last edited:

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@zipper mine has held up fine so far thankfully. But will be calling them next week for their resolution.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@2nazt I just receives an e-mail from Boaters Marine Supply that my order for the Blue Sea 7655 add a battery plus/10a charger has finally shipped. They must have fixed the plastics issues with the switch.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been so busy with Fire Academy this summer I haven't looked at my switch at all but I've had no issues yet.