• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BlueSea Mini Add-A-Battery Plus Kit - 65A 7655

dv_damian57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone here using this kit? Looks to make things very simple. Not sure if we can use it on our boats (2019 SX190)?

Attachments

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I don't have it, I have a separate charger.... but the kit would work. the kit certainly would simplify installation and requires less wiring compared to having a separate charger.

dv_damian57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, this is the info I got back from BlueSea.

Thank you for the question. Most of the Yamaha jet boats I have dealt with have smaller Stator systems of less than 65 amps for charging. So that makes the 7655 a perfect fit for your system. Double check to be sure you are less than 65 amps to be sure. Here are a few links and job aids to help with the project. Take a look and ask any questions you may have.

Attachments

dv_damian57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So assuming that our boats have a 40amp this should work correct? Our boats use a 40amp?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It will be fine...stator max output is about 30-40 Amps, but some of that goes to running the boat, so maybe only 20-30A can ever make it to the battery.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've not seen this one but I do have the Original Add A Battery Kit installed. Works like a charm.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've not seen this one but I do have the Original Add A Battery Kit installed. Works like a charm.
Can you show a pic of how you installed your blue seas add a battery? Give a shout out to my sister, her hubby and my father! All live in Kailua.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aloha! It would be easier to watch the install on the YT channel than do it in pics. Try this link. It goes to the 2nd of 4 videos that I did for my install.

Go Kailua!

-scott