• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat capacities

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a grey zone, in part. The bottom line is - it is entirely in the eyes of the law enforcement officer. He/she can cite you (and more) as long as they have jurisdiction (you can assume they do if they board your boat).
Doesn't matter what the plate says, they may look at it or they may not, and use their own judgment/assessment of passengers' safety.

--

• Agree
Reactions: Gym

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What swatski said: Regardless of the capacity plate, you could be cited for reckless/careless if they feel you are operating unsafely.

Stischendorf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow lots of good info here. You can see why this is all confusing. Thanks for the input and I'm guessing there will be more input.

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For some reason when this topic comes up this is all I can think about...6457174D-748E-4707-9FA5-97DD164DBF0E.jpeg

Honestly I just go by number of people on capacity plates as my boat has been at max people several times and doesn’t ride low on water line and haven’t experienced any handling issues... I believe the weight restrictions are on the extremely cautious side and simply ignore it...

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The opposite problem presents itself with kids...you may be one or two over, but at half the allowed weight of the boat... Which is safer? Which brings on more liability? It's easier for the cop to cite my circumstance as counting people is easier than weighing them, but I feel more people fewer weight is a more reasonable excess. Enjoy and beware.