• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat cover questions

TugboatBruce

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Quick question for y'all. I'm taking delivery of my 21fsh next Thursday and am debating on getting a full cover or just the console cover. The reason I ask is because I'm a Tugboat operator and will be away at sea for 2 weeks a month and the boat will sit for the 14 days I'm away. I'm now leaning towards the console cover if every single cushion can come off and be stored. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Bru

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The deluxe mooring cover is very nice and offers full coverage. Its easy to install, and will keep garbage out of your boat if you’re gone 2 weeks. It also covers the swim deck and leaning post cushions which are not removable.

TugboatBruce

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The deluxe mooring cover is very nice and offers full coverage. Its easy to install, and will keep garbage out of your boat if you’re gone 2 weeks. It also covers the swim deck and leaning post cushions which are not removable.
Thanks Much for the reply

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a aftermarket general purpose cover. $200 sounded a lot better than 8. I have a AR240 though, not sure what is out there for center consoles. My main concern was keeping the interior out of the Florida sun, and some protection from the bird and lizard poop. Iv been happy with it the couple weeks I’ve had it. We will see how she holds up to the tropical storm we are getting this weekend.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I bought a aftermarket general purpose cover. $200 sounded a lot better than 8. I have a AR240 though, not sure what is out there for center consoles. My main concern was keeping the interior out of the Florida sun, and some protection from the bird and lizard poop. Iv been happy with it the couple weeks I’ve had it. We will see how she holds up to the tropical storm we are getting this weekend.
Which one did you get? I bought an OEM Yamaha cover for my 232 and it’s not nearly the quality of the ones they make for the newer boats. It is a $600 piece of garbage disintegrating already in the second season. I’ve looked lots of times at aftermarket covers and they get mixed reviews.

Ralph MIA

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had one custom made out of Sunbrella and it is fantastic. I think it was about $1,200. It hurt at first, but it’s held up well and keeps the boat quite clean.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I had one custom made out of Sunbrella and it is fantastic. I think it was about $1,200. It hurt at first, but it’s held up well and keeps the boat quite clean.
I received one quote to make one out of Sunbrella and it was $3500! No thanks! The bimini top fabric alone quote was $1500.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quick question for y'all. I'm taking delivery of my 21fsh next Thursday and am debating on getting a full cover or just the console cover. The reason I ask is because I'm a Tugboat operator and will be away at sea for 2 weeks a month and the boat will sit for the 14 days I'm away. I'm now leaning towards the console cover if every single cushion can come off and be stored. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Bru
Will the boat be sitting in the water while you are away or on the trailer? We pull the boat out at the end of each day on the water and when not being used, she sits on the trailer in my shop. We opted for the full cover and we cover each night for security (remove temptation if they can't see what's there) and we also transport with the cover. I am very pleased w/ the full cover.

TugboatBruce

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will the boat be sitting in the water while you are away or on the trailer? We pull the boat out at the end of each day on the water and when not being used, she sits on the trailer in my shop. We opted for the full cover and we cover each night for security (remove temptation if they can't see what's there) and we also transport with the cover. I am very pleased w/ the full cover.
The boat will be kept in the water at the lake. After reading all the replies I think I'll go ahead and get the full cover! Thanks for the reply!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the full cover it is well made. i have a crap cover for the center from amazon and it works great when it is going to storm and you take 20 seconds to put it on For that or the night. For the 2 weeks I would take the 10 min and put the full cover on it is well made and completely covers the whole boat and has zippered holes for the cleats. No bird shit or worry if you get that freak 4 inches of rain.

Heizen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Struggling with covers that allow rain water to pond, is not much fun. Using some new poles our aftermarket cover is working so much better.

Last edited: