• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat covers and Trailering

Jacob Klein

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Question for those with the scarab trailering cover. I just picked one up from my dealer and it came with straps which I assume are to support the poles? anyone have a picture of where you strap them to?
The trailerimg covers seems a little more of a pain to get on in comparison to the mooring cover but it definetly protects the boat better...
check out the pics near the bottom of this thread...

https://jetboaters.net/threads/anti-pooling.9036/#post-155109

Skellner2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I too attach the bow straps to the cleats and over the bow window to the rear pole also attached to the cleats. This provides proper support to the cover and stability so the poles do not collapse.
I found another Scarab 255 owner who did have trailering cover instructions and they indicate that attaching to the cleats and attaching the two poles together is the proper way to do it. Will have to let my dealer know how to do it. :)

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Anyone have the part number for that 255 trailering cover? Maybe a price? Want to see if my dealer wants too much...

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Anyone have the part number for that 255 trailering cover? Maybe a price? Want to see if my dealer wants too much...
I just picked up mine from North TX Marine... just under $1,000.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

mike moylan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
AGREE!! Should have bought it from day one... I don't even use the mooring cover anymore... It is a little pricey, but well worth the money spent..
Sorry to trouble you but Im looking to buy a trailering cover for my 2015 255 with tower and cant find one anywhere. COuld you tell me where and how much the cover was? Thanks

Skellner2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ordered the trailering cover through the Scarab dealer when I ordered my 255 Platinum. I looked through the paperwork and could not find a price or part number for the cover, since it was lumped into a package price, but I think it was $800. (Pricey, but well worth it.) Recommend you find the nearest Scarab dealer and ask them to order it for you.

Just had my one year anniversary with my Scarab. Love the boat and the cover.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Sorry to trouble you but Im looking to buy a trailering cover for my 2015 255 with tower and cant find one anywhere. COuld you tell me where and how much the cover was? Thanks
Only from a Scarab dealer...the OEM won't sell.to anyone else. I got mine for about $865 although the retail is around $900 to $1100...depending on the love the dealer has for you, LOL.

Coincidentally, just towed for the first time with the cover...don't recommend using the mid straps...one did some considerable damage to my gel coat finish from rubbing.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yup! Your local Scarab dealer should be able to order it for you. $900ish with tax...

Capt. Disaster

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
X3. Connecting the two poles is how my dealer showed me how to do it.
Love the trailering cover!

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'd be leary of traveling with the cover. I've got some scratch now because of the cover

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would not tow any long disrances without a cover of some type, even if just a cargo net. Lose one cushion or piece of carpet and the covet starte making all the sense in the world.

Grayrage

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Is this the best cover for storing the boat?

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Is this the best cover for storing the boat?
I do use my trailering cover for storing the boat during the winter, but my boat is also in an unheated shelter. The cover mostly keeps the spiders, bugs, and other critters out. If you are storing outside, I'd put a tarp over the trailering cover, in order to protect the trailering cover. The trailering covers are expensive, but I think most of us like them.