• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Boat lift

I bought used hydro hoist life from the marina I am at on Lake Allatoona. I wet slipped for one season and prefer not to again.. First part of the season was ok but when the water really warmed up the bottom got nasty. Easy enough to clean but just a little time needed.
As far as backing in vs going strait in I am pretty sure that it does make a difference depending on how the list is set up.. forward or back in the slip.

The nice thing about a jet is that you have the potential to put it on the life nose in or nose out without worrying about the prop! I love having a lift. Great for keeping the boat safe and clean, but doesn't do anything to help with all the damn spiders! :rolleyes:

The hydrohoist lifts are configured for either bow in or stern in although I can't quite see what the difference in the lift configuration is. The hull bunks on the lift are straight and I must be missing something as far as the back in/pull in design.
I like backing in and had the lift built out for reversing into the slip. The stern at the back of the slip is great for loading/unloading.

@rkluck do your slip is covered? Mine will be a U shaped uncovered slip where I could pull in or back in. Would like to back in but I def need some practice in those tight quarters.
Yes my dock is covered. The way it is laid out I can pull straight in and everyone can either just step on the bow or go to the back and step on the swim deck. Much better than the marina. I just ordered that JJVs Best cleaner product. If it works as good as it looks like I can keep the boat very clean. Then I have to decide if a lift is worth it. The main reason I wanted one was to keep the boat hull clean.

I sold a 8800# hydrohoist last summer for $5500. Should have priced it higher though, had calls from 4 hours away and the guy that bought it was 3 hours away and paid a lift company to come and take it out of my slip and install in his. That couldn't have been cheap.

There are definitely options out there on CL. I will hopefully be making a purchase on one after the new year.

Back