• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Loading

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I back the trailer and then I walk the boat using ropes. No power loading allowed on the ramps I use. Is there an issue with this according to Yamaha?

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there any harm to winching the boat on the trailer? Can you break the winch or put additional stresses on the bow hook/boat?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe Yamaha advises users to powerload to avoid putting stress on the Bow eye and the hull area around it. However lots of people winch on instead without issue.

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sprayed a silicone spray on the carpeted bunks today before loading the boat. Helped a ton!

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I never power load. I've just seen too much damage from people being idiots at the ramp doing so that has me hand winch it on everytime. Once I stop the boat and retrieve the trailer, I don't start the boat again until I am cleaning it. I boat in a river with current and don't feel comfortable enough to know I can keep it straight approaching the trailer.

I'd love to know why Yamaha recommends power loading.
It depends on your ramp. Our local ramps are solid concrete for a long long way underwater. This is because Lake Shasta can drop as low as 150' below full pool late in the summer. So the only time power loading can do some damage is when the lake is low enough so the end of the ramp may be reached.

I have been to places where there are short ramps and power loading could eat away the lake bottom near the end of the ramp. In most cases there is a sign indicating power loading is not allowed.