• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat not getting full power 195 Impulse

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
When I bury the throttle both check engine lights comes on. Boat will only allow 6,000 rpm. After a few minutes at idle power the wrench light goes away and I can get normal power up to 7500 rpm or so. If I go above that same process happens.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
There are no codes associated with this tech says. The only thing they see is a inlet temp increase into the amber range which triggers the limit of rpm until it cold once again.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Btw i just had the exhaust Manifold replaced... Never had this issue before. Anyone have any ideas?

Jet Boat Tom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I would check the intake manifold temperature sensor. I had this happen on a Seadoo 150 Speedster. The intercooler had been compromised and began to leak water into the engine. The intrusion of salt water made the sensor throw false temperatures to the ECM.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok... Thanks. BRP is having MM do just that. Will keep you posted. Thanks.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Flushed the intercooler... Have yet to test it out but tech says they ran it on the lake with no issues. Hopefully this does it.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Boat worked as normal but I'm still not getting the 8000 rpm... I'm getting like 7800 and the check engine light came back on the second day I had it in the water... Urgh

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Anyone have any good techs in the Volusia County Florida area

Solraider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Being in central MN I found that humidity effects the top RPM and speed. Spring and fall no problem hitting 8000 plus RPM for 43 MPH. Mid summer is 7800 RPM and under 40 MPH.

Hope you get the fault code corrected . . . . would be awesome if Scarab would work out an agreement with Seadoo dealerships to fix these motors, they have the most experience and would be a home run for some of us owners.