• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat seems to be taking on water while anchored.

chriscarter2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I just punched a 2014 Scarab 195. The boat is great however I have one problem that I cannot seem to figure out. While we are anchored the bilge seems to be pumping a lot of water. I check the engine compartment every time and it seems completely dry. Where is the water coming from?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Put your boat on your trailer. Put about 5 gal of water in the engine compartment. Stand behind the boat. You should see what is leaking.

chriscarter2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Put your boat on your trailer. Put about 5 gal of water in the engine compartment. Stand behind the boat. You should see what is leaking.
Thanks @Gym i will try that this afternoon.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

chriscarter2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I looks like the previous owner replaced the intake grate with one that does not fit correctly.990579905899059

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good find. What's the fix?

chriscarter2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Good find. What's the fix?
Want to find an intake grate that actually fits. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket grate that will fit a 2014 Scarab 195 impulse.

LayneG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just punched a 2014 Scarab 195. The boat is great however I have one problem that I cannot seem to figure out. While we are anchored the bilge seems to be pumping a lot of water. I check the engine compartment every time and it seems completely dry. Where is the water coming from?
I noticed mine doing that today.

chriscarter2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I noticed mine doing that today.
I tried to seal it up with some 4200 today. Just until I can order the correct intake grate I will let you know tomorrow night if it worked.

Reactions: Gym

chriscarter2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I tried to seal it up with some 4200 today. Just until I can order the correct intake grate I will let you know tomorrow night if it worked.
We were anchored for 4 hours yesterday and the bilge pump did not kick on once. It looks like the 4200 worked.

Reactions: Gym