• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat shoes

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What do people recommend? Looking for a shoe that won’t mark up boat and maybe use in that water. Do I need to different shoes? When docking the boat if I need to jump in I want shoes on.

I have two that I use:
1) Cheap Target water shoes. Very thin, light, cheap. And of course, appropriate to the water. Nice when the bottom is yucky.
b) One of the threads here convinced me to put OluKai sandals on my Christmas list. Damn comfy and probably worth their cost easily. I'm wearing them now. But then I usually don't go in the water with those.

Neither of these do I usually wear on the boat. I get on and take them off. But I am not anal about it, so I might walk back and stow something and hop down without taking them off occasionally. No marking with either. But when we are heading out, I take them off and stow them (whichever one I am wearing).

Crocs. They're cheap, they float, the non slip sole is good when new, and the style points cannot be beat

Last edited:
We have a rule on our boat:

Naked
Feet
Only!

I usually wear my UnderArmor flip flops to the boat but bought a really comfy pair of Hey Dude shoes a couple weeks back. Haven’t really used them much though......

I have a pair of mesh sneaker type water shoes from Sperry. I also got a pair of Olukai flip flops this year after the sales girl talked me into it and I have not regretted it.

The Sperry 7 Seas shoes are quite nice, I basically use them as my ramp shoes. Drain and dry quickly, lots of grip, and protect your feet from rough ramps. I'll wear them on the boat occasionally when they're clean early/late season..

Regular Crocs for launching/loading the boat, only naked feet on the boat, no exceptions.

I bought Keens for my boat shoes, protective, comfortable and waterproof.
+1 for Keens. Toe coverage, great grip, and completely non-marking. Put em on, and don't have to think about anything. Hop into shallow water, no worries about what's under there. Rough or hot docks, no worries. Also, they stay on.

I have these (but in a grey color):

Interesting thread, I didn't know so many people had a no shoes policy! Someone did a poll awhile back and 63% said no shoes in the boat.

Mine are always on, primarily for safety. There's no "where's my crocs/sandals" moment when pulling up to the slip, gas dock or beach. The crocs help prevent stubbed toes or other toe injuries. They provide traction for the variety of surfaces one might step on throughout the day. The crocs prevent sunburnt feet. They save the bottoms of my feet from the snap down carpet which can get hot. My wife wears hers and it keeps her toe nail polish from marking up the boat.

My 2 golden retrievers trash the boat with hair, dirt and nail marks on the SeaDek, so I guess the "shoes or no shoes" policy is kind of pointless in my scenario. I'm cleaning constantly...

Bought these for our Jamaica trip in February. Knew we needed them to climb Dunn River Falls.

They are surprisingly comfy, easy to walk in, and shed water quickly. I've just left them in the boat this season with great success. We take shoes off on the swim platform on the way in/out the boat, but you need shoes around the campsite, on the ramp, and other places and these are nice. I can wear them all day, and even be a little active, and there is enough ventilation that I don't get a case of the stank foot.

Well worth the $23 I think.

my family is obsessed with Hey Dude shoes. They arent THE most durable, for the price... but comfort is unmatched.

many cool styles. I have at least 10 of them lol

No shoes on the boat, but I wear these to and from, around the ramp/dock, and when I'm not sure what the bottom of the river/lake/sea is like. They drain, have mesh to keep out sand and gravel. they're light so they dry quickly, and they are machine washable. Best of all, they aren't Crocs so my dignity remains intact.

Back