• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Tinted Window

dcnorman07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks really good.

Do you go to Thunderbird or Draper?
Thanks. We do not. So far, we have just been going to Arcadia. Lawtonka and Skiatook are on our near-future list.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I see everyone is using dark tint, is there anyone out there that used say 35% or lighter? 50% i like the idea of the tint but the 5% is to dark for me.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
20% is what I used. Love it, any lighter and I feel you would hardly see it.

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My tint guy nailed it with his advise on percentage for an open cockpit boat.
Go darker than you would with a car because the light is coming in from both sides.
I use 35 on my cars. Used 20 on the boat and it seems the same. I wouldn't have been satisfied with 35 on the boat.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My tint guy nailed it with his advise on percentage for an open cockpit boat.
Go darker than you would with a car because the light is coming in from both sides.
I use 35 on my cars. Used 20 on the boat and it seems the same. I wouldn't have been satisfied with 35 on the boat.
For looks sure I can see having a dark tint, but can you see through it? I have 5% on the back of one of my cars and I can't see crap, hate it. I just want to tone it down a bit on the inside, the middle picture is more like what I want to do. I've seen my boat with dark tint and it looks funny. The dark windows kill the beautiful blue of the boat.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For looks sure I can see having a dark tint, but can you see through it? I have 5% on the back of one of my cars and I can't see crap, hate it. I just want to tone it down a bit on the inside, the middle picture is more like what I want to do. I've seen my boat with dark tint and it looks funny. The dark windows kill the beautiful blue of the boat.
Mine is 15%, I tried to find some good pics for perspective....

Attachments

dcnorman07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a pic from tonight with my 5%. I have no problem seeing out. I don't do any night boating, so I don't anticipate there being any issues with it.

IMG_7275.JPG

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Mine is 15%, I tried to find some good pics for perspective....
That sure does darken down the interior, seems to work well. It's nice to see some inside shots.

I think for my application it is still too dark, I will be driving at night as well. Sucks, maybe a tint guy can just toss a roll over the windshield so I can see what it look likes.

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have 20%. We boat all times of day and night. Of course we go slow at night, and never in rain or fog. I keep a pair of clear safety glasses in my glovebox, and sit on the bolster so I can see over my windshield at night. Glasses keep the bugs out of my eyes. Just a tip. I would NOT go lighter than 20%.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Typically to Lake Thunderbird. Otherwise
gotcha, I need to go down there. The only problem is amount of time. I can be on Skiatook in just a little more time.

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
gotcha, I need to go down there. The only problem is amount of time. I can be on Skiatook in just a little more time.
Are you in Tulsa?

We go to Tenkiller Lake about every other week.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Likewise on skiatook. We typically have at least 2 yammiez there. It's very
Comparable to Tenkiller as far as clarity and landscape.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
My project this winter was to pull the windshield, disassemble it, powdercoated The metal frame in
Matte black then i had the glass tinted. I wanted a very slight tint just to give it a nice look and take the glare off. I still need to see through the glass. I went with 50%

1598237227985.jpeg