• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Trailer bow roller scratches

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How did you get rid of the scratches caused by the stock roller?
You could use 3M Marine Finesse-it and 3M Marine Rubbing Compound. Depending on how bad the scratches are, you may need to do a bit of wet sanding first with 2000 grit paper first.

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just as another data point for those researching the Stoltz rollers in the future.

I bought the wrong size (3") center section from Amazon. I went ahead and installed it to see how badly it would fit. It's not bad. I used the bolt to "pull in" the tabs a bit, and the center section rolls freely and easily, and the boat is kept away from the metal.

I'll post some pics when I get home tonight. Been meaning to do that anyway.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Installed the shallow Stoltz RP-446 roller and RP-335 end caps today and the results are exactly what I hoped for. I'm sending these pics to Carl Stoltz recommending he build a 3.5" version of the RP-446 for the hundreds of you who have the Shorlander trailers with 2010 and newer boats. This is the way the bow should sit on the bow stop.
View attachment 80445 View attachment 80446 View attachment 80447

Vs. the Two Year Old Roller when I took it off:
View attachment 80448
That looks PERFECT! I really hope he'll put something together for my style trailer. I have a Stoltz now but it really bends the bells like your old setup as well.

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just got an email reply from Carl Stoltz. He reminds us to not over tighten. The roller should move with the motion of the boat.

And he said Shorelander has recently contacted him for samples and bulk pricing. Looks like his products may become standard on new trailers.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just got an email reply from Carl Stoltz. He reminds us to not over tighten. The roller should move with the motion of the boat.

And he said Shorelander has recently contacted him for samples and bulk pricing. Looks like his products may become standard on new trailers.
But nothing on a 3.5 version of what you have?

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
He didn't answer that recommendation.

Honestly I would try this ULT-336 if it uses a 1/2" hole and bolt. It has a 3" wide center roller, but with a couple extra washers an these shallower end caps, it should provide plenty of protection and support. It needs to be a little loose anyhow as Carl points out.

Stoltz ULT-336.PNG

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I replaced my crappy bow roller with the Stoltz ShoreLandr for Yamaha Boats replacement. When doing so, I didn't put the outside flanges on it, and it seems to work just fine.

falco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes, it is the RP-355 (3.5”) with the RP-325 ends. I placed the order and I will post the pictures this weekend.

Thanks everyone for the VERY valuable input and feedback. I cannot believe Yamaha will put those plastic crappy rollers on their trailers. (I know, they are not Yamaha, but they sell them with their boats)

Also, thanks you @merlinjet, I did ordered the glaze, polishing compounds and sand paper, and give it a go (on the water I guess, so the rollers will be out of the way. Can I do it by hand or do I need an electric drill or buffer to do it?)

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Installed the shallow Stoltz RP-446 roller and RP-335 end caps today and the results are exactly what I hoped for. I'm sending these pics to Carl Stoltz recommending he build a 3.5" version of the RP-446 for the hundreds of you who have the Shorlander trailers with 2010 and newer boats. This is the way the bow should sit on the bow stop.

View attachment 80448
Nice job! That profile of the new roller matches the soft radius front of the larger boats better than the ULT-4 or RP-355. For the 19' guys we'll still want a deeper v cut like the ULT-4 or RP-355 as our hulls are different and much sharper/pointier in the bow center than the 24' boats or at least the older ones. Not sure if the new keeled 24's are sharper up front like the 19's kind of are. Again nice job on using that combo!

image.jpeg

Last edited:

falco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

View attachment 80448
This is the best setup (got it wrong the first time).

What length bolt did you use? Do you use washers on the ends? What size?

upload_2018-8-22_16-30-30.png

thanks!!

weaselman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Shout out to Andy at andy@teknulogy.com. Sent him pictures of my crappy bow roller on a Venture trailer and this is what he sent me.
So much better.

falco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry for the confusion. I did order the 355, and it is definitely not the right version (the picture is with the 355. After talking with Stoltz, her recommended the 446 which is the same as @AZ_Native, which is 3 5/8” wide (no 4”, perfect)

I polished the bow and I look great (scratches are pretty much gone.

The stock bolt doesn’t fit. @AZ Native, what size of bolt and washers do you have?

Picture after polished with the 355 (446 on the way)

upload_2018-8-23_7-39-23.png

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great information here. As a newbie about to pick up the boat tomorrow, I wanted to ask for clarification from @falco or @AZ Native. Are the end caps you are using part # RP-325 or RP-335? I've tried to follow this thread start to finish, but I'm having trouble following that aspect. This will go on a 2018 212X/Shorelander combination. Looks like the 446 is the correct center section for this boat/trailer. Thanks for all the good info.

Jeff

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Must not like that style of bells on the bow roller.

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum. Curious though why you chose to dislike my post above lol?
The short answer is "because I don't know what the hell I'm doing." Now I need to figure out how to "undislike" a post. Sorry about that.

Jeff

Edit: Well, either I fixed it or inadvertently disliked dozens of other posts containing valuable info.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The short answer is "because I don't know what the hell I'm doing." Now I need to figure out how to "undislike" a post. Sorry about that.

Jeff

Edit: Well, either I fixed it or inadvertently disliked dozens of other posts containing valuable info.
:D it's all good. Welcome to the forum. You'll find a ton of good info here.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum. Curious though why you chose to dislike my post above lol?

Think he is pissed off like the rest of us for you selling your boat LOL