• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Trailer bow roller scratches

falco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Installed the shallow Stoltz RP-446 roller and RP-335 end caps today and the results are exactly what I hoped for. I'm sending these pics to Carl Stoltz recommending he build a 3.5" version of the RP-446 for the hundreds of you who have the Shorlander trailers with 2010 and newer boats. This is the way the bow should sit on the bow stop.
View attachment 80445 View attachment 80446 View attachment 80447

Vs. the Two Year Old Roller when I took it off:
View attachment 80448
Bolt size please!!

(the RP-446 is 3 5/8 ")

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On my 242x six inch was short no threads to grab but that was with the RP434 larger bell . I need 7'' wide not sure on those RP446 . Local hardware stores by me stocked the 1/2'' x 6''

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is the best setup (got it wrong the first time).
What length bolt did you use? Do you use washers on the ends? What size?
thanks!!
Sorry, I just saw your question. Been travelling a lot the last couple weeks. If I'm not mistaken the bolts are .5" diameter, but I don't know the length, I'm going to say 6.5" to 7" You can always add a couple more washers on the outside. When I ordered the 446 roller and 335 end caps they included a new bolt and four 1 inch washers. The washers are really only required on the outside of the end caps.

Now that I've had the boat on and off the trailer a couple times bow is riding up a little higher and putting the roller perfectly above the tie down cleat. It's a nice even support for the later 24' models.

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great stuff guys....so has anone replace the roller for a 19' boat? 2017 ar190 / 2018 shorelander trailer. I would like to purchase, but need to know which works best for the pointy 19's.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Great stuff guys....so has anone replace the roller for a 19' boat? 2017 ar190 / 2018 shorelander trailer. I would like to purchase, but need to know which works best for the pointy 19's.
You will want the STOLTZ Ultimate Bow Stop Roller Assembly #ULT-4.

I made the mistake of getting the 435 the first time. Had to pay for shipping back and restocking fee(kinda BS) since it never even got mounted. $20 mistake

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice job! That profile of the new roller matches the soft radius front of the larger boats better than the ULT-4 or RP-355. For the 19' guys we'll still want a deeper v cut like the ULT-4 or RP-355 as our hulls are different and much sharper/pointier in the bow center than the 24' boats or at least the older ones. Not sure if the new keeled 24's are sharper up front like the 19's kind of are. Again nice job on using that combo!

View attachment 80672

To much info for me to decipher for me to try to figure out what model Stoltz on what size boat, this looks like a 19ft due to the sharpness of the V,

I have a 2014 212x, my factory roller just took a shit so I need to order a new one today. Looking for anyone with a 2014-2016 212 and what part number they are using. Sorry to jump into ur thread. Thanks All.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
To much info for me to decipher for me to try to figure out what model Stoltz on what size boat, this looks like a 19ft due to the sharpness of the V,

I have a 2014 212x, my factory roller just took a shit so I need to order a new one today. Looking for anyone with a 2014-2016 212 and what part number they are using. Sorry to jump into ur thread. Thanks All.
Order the Ult-4 kit.

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes the stock roller sucks and it's the first thing members often suggest to change on any new boat. You'll be glad you did.

The RP-355 is for the 3.5" roller and the Ult-4 is for the 4". Use the RP-434 bells with either roller. I went with the Ultimate 4 kit and trimmed a little off each end of the roller so it matched perfectly to the width of the stock roller which was 3.6" on my trailer. I also prefer the profile of the ULT4 roller vs the RP-355. Yours may be different so measure to verify.

What did you trim the roller down with? That stuff is tough to cut.

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I made the mistake of getting the 435 the first time. Had to pay for shipping back and restocking fee(kinda BS) since it never even got mounted. $20 mistake

Me again....

Me again....do you happen to have any pics of the ULT-4 that you installed. Got it this weekend and it looks like i may have to trim the center piece down a bit? Did you have to do that or what did you do to get it between the brackets?

Thanks in advance!

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Me again....

Me again....do you happen to have any pics of the ULT-4 that you installed. Got it this weekend and it looks like i may have to trim the center piece down a bit? Did you have to do that or what did you do to get it between the brackets?

Thanks in advance!
I didn't do any trimming. I used my ratchet to get some flex on the ears and pushed it in.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Me again....

Thanks in advance!

Measure the posts, some boats have a 3 1/2 inch gap post where the roller mounts, some have a 4 inch gap.

RB28

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where do buy the roller picking up new boat maybe Saturday

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just ordered parts from

They have all the Stoltz stuff in stock.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@falco So when I emailed Carl Stoltz he recommended the RP-335 for the center section if you have a Shorlander trailer (3.5" gap). Then order 2 of the RP-325 end caps. The 335 has a deeper V than the 446 but less than the 355 everyone else is recommending. Should work fine.

I had an excellent experience purchasing the Stoltz rollers from www.coyotemfgco.com Jim Harris the warranty manager took care of me (very responsive). I didn't ask for it, but he also provided me a new proper width mounting bolt, washers and nylon insert nut, put it all together as a set and shipped it UPS.
Contact Coyote Mfg. Co
451 Hazel Ave
Nashville, GA 31639
229-494-9158 ext. 1008
229-771-9021 Direct

As for working on the scratches I would just loosen up the entire bow winch arm assembly attached at the trailer and slide it back to access the hull. It shouldn't be that hard to loosen a few bolts then slide it back into place and tighten it up when you're finished.

So I went with the RP-335 roller and I don’t like the looks of it, didn’t even bother bolting it up. Going to call and get the RP-446 roller. I have the 335 end caps. Here are some pics for anyone considering. I imagine Stoltz recommended it because it looks to be a very close comparison to the factory Mid 8B11746C-D156-442D-965C-6C2333E18D47.jpeg046DDB97-FA45-48B0-8D31-1C9A6B27244E.jpegroller.

Jim Crane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length