• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat US- Towing

Chris Tronzano

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just renewed my Boat US membership with unlimited freshwater towing. $67.00 is a small price to pay if you need tow services. We boat on Lake Texoma and the water is lower than it has ever been. We went out Sunday and had no issues with navigating in the river and creek channels. We saw 2 boats that were stuck on sand bar. I feel a litter better not having props but it doesn't hurt to have a cheap insurance policy.

You are a smart man Chris. I saw several boats with mechanical problems last weekend.

First time out on the water seems to bring out the electrical gremlins that have been sleeping over fall and winter.

We came back from breakfast down river to find a fairly new MasterCraft beached in our anchorage - they lost all power and were about to hit the rocks when a friend of ours who had stayed behind jumped into his boat to throw them a line and tow them to the beach before they smacked into the jetty!

Ultimately he called for a tow. I'm sure it cost way more than your membership did!

I've been a member for over 12 years and only made my first call to them late last year and my second/last call to them earlier this year both time were for help with my trailer on the road. They did things that my Gold AAA plan wouldn't and at little or no cost.

I just renewed my Boat US membership with unlimited freshwater towing. $67.00 is a small price to pay if you need tow services. .
I agree, but they only cover specific lakes. Currently, Lake Texoma and Lake Lewisville are the only lakes they cover in North Texas. I used to have this coverage when I lived closer to Lake Lewisville. But I moved closer to Lake Ray Hubbard and BoatUS doesn't have tow service there. . Hopefully that will expand.

My 242 Limited S took on water in the engine compartment 3 weeks ago. I was partially on shore so there was no chance of it sinking or was anyone in any danger. I am a paid member of SEA TOW. I called them, to make a long story short they pumped out the engine compartment then towed me approx 1 mile to the dock. The bill was $4,800.00 and my insurance adjuster told me he's seen way bigger bills than that from Sea Tow. I called Boat US a few day's later without telling them my story and asked them if I was a member and my engine compartment started filling with water while beached what would they do? They said they carry extra pumps and would rent me one for the hour it took to pump the compartment then after it was free of water I could call them back and they would tow me in under my Boat US insurance. This was in the ft Myers area. My recommendation is STAY AWAY FROM SEA TOW.

Back