• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boating Video <how to get good video?>

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We try to share our blessings and take quite a few extended family, friends, and neighbors out on our boat. We take a lot of video to catch the fun and memories. Over the winter we use that footage and photos to make a family video of the memories we made over the the last season. We normally use one or two GoPros mounted front and year and supplement with cellphone photos. You never know when that great shot will occur, so we often let the cameras run for the entire day. We have big memory cards which makes things easy, but we also have to manage a box of GoPro batteries which require the hassle of dismounting the camerais, unpackaging the cameras from their floating cases and changing the batteries often throughout the day.

We're heading to Bimini this year and I don't want the distraction and hassle of managing batteries.

I looked at adding hardwire GoPro power connectors in the tower, but for several reasons, decided instead to install front/rear dashcams (4K in the back/1080P in the front, Ultrawide lens) with a very large 256GB rugged service memory card and powered by a quick power disconnect through a separate fused power switch off the house battery. Both cameras will be quick release mounted allowing for easy nightly removal for security. One camera is rated IP67 (outdoor resistant) and the other will have to be waterproofed. Hopefully, this will allow me to catch the 4K video I want without the periodic battery hassle. This also allows us to use our GoPros to get the swimmers POV. I even bought a watersports helmet and added a cheap GoPro mount for when we pull tubers to get their POV as well. Will let you all know how it turned out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome idea and as I read through this I discussed it with the wife. Great way to capture family and friend videos while doing anything boat related. Needless to say we are now gopro shopping. You never know that since we are both in Indy, we might end up on each others videos. Lol

Happy Boating!! Hope to meet you and see you on the water.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome idea and as I read through this I discussed it with the wife. Great way to capture family and friend videos while doing anything boat related. Needless to say we are now gopro shopping. You never know that since we are both in Indy, we might end up on each others videos. Lol

Happy Boating!! Hope to meet you and see you on the water.
Just don't catch me doing anything embarrassing!

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I just received the Akaso 4K 20MP action camera today, haven't had a chance to test it yet. It's supposed to be a really great GoPro alternative at a much lower price ($80 and comes with a lot of accessories). Sometimes you get what you pay for, but this cam has almost 10k reviews at just under 5 stars. Might be worth checking out.