• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bought a Stereo System - Now to Keep it Powered and Future Plans

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ended up buying the following and this will be phase 1:

• Four 6.5" speakers at 65W RMS to replace factory ones
  • 4 channel amp with 75W per channel @ 4 ohms
  • KMC4 headunit
Now I gotta figure out the batteries to keep this all going. I currently have this as my stock battery:

NAPA battery with 75 AH and 460 CCA

Would adding 2 of these in parallel be a good idea?

122 AH each with 845 MCA

Would like to set it up to have the audio system run off the the 2 everstart batteries while the ignition is off. Leaving the stock NAPA battery alone to still power on the boat. *Bonus* - would be nice to be able to crank the boat over off the Everstarts if main battery fails for some reason.

Phase 2 will be adding the following:

• 9-11" tower speakers with 150-300W RMS
  • 8-10" sub with 3-400W RMS
  • *Maybe* 2 additional 6.5 or 8" speakers for the interior
  • Amp to run the above
Would the everstart batteries (or something similar) with 244 AH and trying to only run them down to ~30-50% run all of this for a few hours? Not blasting the system. Most likely at the 30-50% level.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Where are you located?

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Think I got it figured it out. Going to run one of those EverStart batteries and run a 2 battery isolation switch. When they crap out, I can buy 2 of the same battery, use the same switch but can use the switch to run them in parallel as well.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

• KMC4 headunit
Now I gotta figure out the batteries to keep this all going. I currently have this as my stock battery:

122 AH each with 845 MCA

Would like to set it up to have the audio system run off the the 2 everstart batteries while the ignition is off. Leaving the stock NAPA battery alone to still power on the boat. *Bonus* - would be nice to be able to crank the boat over off the Everstarts if main battery fails for some reason.

• Amp to run the above
Would the everstart batteries (or something similar) with 244 AH and trying to only run them down to ~30-50% run all of this for a few hours? Not blasting the system. Most likely at the 30-50% level.

• KMC4 headunit

122 AH each with 845 MCA

• Amp to run the above
@Wrecked Rooster in regards to Phase 1. How did it end up sounding? I was even thinking about just adding a 4 channel amp to my factory speakers until they get burnt up. Would you happen to have a video of how this ended up sounding?

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

• KMC4 headunit

122 AH each with 845 MCA

• Amp to run the above
You should be OK with 2 deep cycles. I'm dubious for the 122 amp hour claim with that battery. I would have considered 100w/channel for the 75w rms for some headroom. You will really need 2 more amps for two tower speakers, sub, and 2 more boat speakers. Tower and sub could be powered by something like JL M700/5. Bridge 2 channels at 200W each for the towers and you will have a 300W sub channel. You could get another 2x100w, or get 6x100w for all 6 channels and get by with 2 amps.

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wrecked Rooster in regards to Phase 1. How did it end up sounding? I was even thinking about just adding a 4 channel amp to my factory speakers until they get burnt up. Would you happen to have a video of how this ended up sounding?
I actually ended up installing six 8” kickers. Here’s the the thread on it: https://jetboaters.net/threads/sound-system-six-8-kicker-speakers-in-my-ar-210-pic-heavy.37382/#post-601153

And it came out sounding amazing. I couldn’t be happier with the way it sounds in the boat. Out of the boat sound will be next year.

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should be OK with 2 deep cycles. I'm dubious for the 122 amp hour claim with that battery. I would have considered 100w/channel for the 75w rms for some headroom. You will really need 2 more amps for two tower speakers, sub, and 2 more boat speakers. Tower and sub could be powered by something like JL M700/5. Bridge 2 channels at 200W each for the towers and you will have a 300W sub channel. You could get another 2x100w, or get 6x100w for all 6 channels and get by with 2 amps.
Thanks! I ended up going a different route. Here’s the info on what I ended up with for my sound system. Will be adding another amp and tower speakers in the future. Probably will be skipping a sub altogether. These 8” speakers provided enough low end for my needs.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! I ended up going a different route. Here’s the info on what I ended up with for my sound system. Will be adding another amp and tower speakers in the future. Probably will be skipping a sub altogether. These 8” speakers provided enough low end for my needs.
Sorry. I just now saw this was a year old.