• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bought OEM SX240 mooring cover, what am I doing wrong?

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got 3 years out of the shipping cover for winter storage which seemed OK for free. I just picked up a Yamaha Deluxe Premium OEM mooring cover MAR-242NT-BK-15. Appears this is the latest model for the SX240 because it has the cutouts for the bimini top unlike the one I thought I was ordering that is pictured without cutouts. I would have preferred no cutouts since its just winter storage and the bimini is off so now I'll have to block the cutouts. The bigger issue is that with 2 people helping I can barely get this cover over the rear rub rail with the rachet straps as loose as they will go. Anyone have this issue or an idea as to what I'm doing wrong. I'm open to suggestions :)

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If that's the grey cover, it's the same one I have on my 2018. try loosening the side straps (not the ratchet straps, but the one under the velcro cover) a bit to make it go over the rear rub rail.

If you find a way to block the cutouts, let me know.

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It’s the black one. Should be the same. I didn’t see any additional slack in the side straps either. 2 on each side. If I undo those to get the stern on then there’s no way I can reconnect the straps. I’m perplexed.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It’s the black one. Should be the same. I didn’t see any additional slack in the side straps either. 2 on each side. If I undo those to get the stern on then there’s no way I can reconnect the straps. I’m perplexed.
Mine was very tight , and gets very tight if I don't put it on for a while. If that's the issue. It does stretch.

Gary Tait

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have to clip both sides together, then muscle the cover over the stern lip. It's gotten easier over time, but definitely had me scratching my head at first.

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the responses. The instructions say after cover is on to ratchet strap it 4-5 times. It's so tight I can't ratchet it at all. Hopefully it stretches out over time. Makes me long for the shipping cover again. That was a breeze and you could sock it up tight with the ratchet.

MacGydver

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the responses. The instructions say after cover is on to ratchet strap it 4-5 times. It's so tight I can't ratchet it at all. Hopefully it stretches out over time. Makes me long for the shipping cover again. That was a breeze and you could sock it up tight with the ratchet.
Thanks for this post I had exactly the same question, just got mine today and was worried I might break the plastic clips. Read this and went for it and it went on. Thanks guys. Hoping your is easier now Patriot?