• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow Roller Replacement

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just know that the 3.5" is less than the width of the stock roller and the profile is different. For those reasons I went with the 4" and trimmed it down to the same width as stock. Perfect fit and the profile matches the bow for my boat.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just know that the 3.5" is less than the width of the stock roller and the profile is different. For those reasons I went with the 4" and trimmed it down to the same width as stock. Perfect fit and the profile matches the bow for my boat.
What does your set up look like? I bought the 3" version two seasons ago but it doesn't match the profile well so the bells are always mashed down. I just bought this 3.5" this season hoping to alleviate this but haven't installed it yet; its hard to tell if the profile will work until i get the old one off but they do advertise it for the yamaha trailers so...

But you never know.:confused::confused:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hmm... anyone actually buy the 3.5?

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I changed by bow roller with the new Stoltz 4”. I am not posting this as another upgrade thread, but rather, to show anyone still debating if they should change the stock roller on their trailer, what the roller damage looks like. I really do not care about the roller but wanted to show the problem.

Photo 1 – Stock roller once it was removed. You can see the blue and white gel coat imbedded in the roller. You can also see the scrapes and damage to the roller itself. Those marks are not just on the surface, but slightly in to the plastic. This was done after only two launches and recovery. I did not post pictures of the boat gel coat as the damage does not show clearly in the photos.

Photo 2 – My method of expanding the brackets, wood and heavy hammer.

Photo 3 - Final install

Short narrative below.
As others have posted, the replacement is very easy. I did it in my driveway. The steps I took are as follows:
  1. Loosened the transom straps
  2. Loosened the bow strap
  3. Backed up twice and hit the brakes hard. I was not going fast as there is no need to.
  4. Unbolted the old roller, two ¾” sockets on ratchets.
  5. Took a piece of wood and a 2lb hammer and bent the brackets back slightly to allow the larger center section to fit. Four hits to each. Did not want to strike too hard as to avoid the wood slipping and hit the boat.
  6. Installed new roller. Tightened the bolt and made sure the center section would roll easily.
  7. Drive forward and hit the brakes. Not too much speed, did not want the boat to hit the roller.
  8. Used the crank to pull the last ½” tight to the roller.
Total estimated work time…less than thirty minutes, and I took my time.

I hope this helps someone…

Regards,
Nick
View attachment 21227
View attachment 21225

View attachment 21228

#stoltz
<edited by admin to add hashtag>
Can you share what brand is the roller and where did you buy it from the website if it's possible I'm looking to change mines also same problem black rubber roller and always marking my front of my boat not happy about it thanks for the advice on changing it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What does your set up look like? I bought the 3" version two seasons ago but it doesn't match the profile well so the bells are always mashed down. I just bought this 3.5" this season hoping to alleviate this but haven't installed it yet; its hard to tell if the profile will work until i get the old one off but they do advertise it for the yamaha trailers so...

But you never know.:confused::confused:
You can see pics of mine (trimmed Ultimate 4") compared to the 3.5" RP-355 in this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/stoltz-ultimate-bow-stop-roller-dont-care-for-fit-fixed.10472/

Keep in mind those pics are on 19' boats. The larger 24' boats have a wider bow and not as sharp so that's likely why the bells collapse some. On the 19' boats the bells don't really touch the bow.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I replaced my roller and then went with the Ramp N Clamp. I've been pretty happy with that setup.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score