• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Box Anchor vs. Fluke Anchor ???

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks!

Thanks! Did you buy this one https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-3006-6652-BoatTector-Zinc-Plated/dp/B07D62VXGS ? Or do I need the more expensive Slide Anchor Box Anchor — Slide Anchor

Also, any need for a Danik Hook? Or https://www.amazon.com/Slide-Anchor-Danik-Hook-Stainless-Knotless/dp/B009M8SHCO per usual I'm probably overthinking it. Or do
I boat the one from SeaChoice. I should have returned it for a replacement because the latch doesn't like to stay engaged, but I boat a U-bolt and cut one end off, but left it longer than the OEM so that it couldn't pop out. The Extreme looks like it's a little better built. No need for a Danik hook, but could be handy for a stern anchor.

PastMaster32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To answer some of your questions... No there isn't a box anchor that will fit in your locker.... Small Slide anchor is the way to go in my opinion, mostly because of the included bag. Holds all of your rope nice and neat, and if there's any leftover mud or sand, it gives you a place to set the anchor down without dirtying your seats up/poking holes in your upholstery while you square things away.
I gave away the little 4lb anchor that came with the boat and got an 8lb Danforth with 6 feet of chain as a second anchor.
I got a two pack of the large black Danik hooks so each anchor has one attached. They are a game changer. No need for the metal ones. So easy to mend up your lines if you anchor in tight situations like sandbars... Just my three cents

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We use our fluke anchor 95% of the time without issue and it fits in front locker of the boat, I removed the front ladder and it makes using the anchor much easier.

I also keep a small box anchor and large spike slide beach anchor, they came with storage bags and I keep them in the bags, store them under the front seat in front of driver. I don't use the box very often but when I do I usually am in trouble and need it and it holds great . Have used several times in high winds and 4 foot waves and with sandy bottom.

I have thought of buying a baby box anchor to see how it works on my boat, smaller size and easier daily use.
If anybody is using using a Baby Box Anchor please provide feedback, thanks

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice! And the small slide box anchor fits in the anchor locker ok?
QUOTE="SamN44, post: 517209, member: 2987"]
A good box anchor will change your life and stop the arguments with your wife while anchoring. We have an SX190 and bought a small box anchor from: Box Anchor — Slide Anchor

No more cursing trying to set the anchor or pick the right amount of line. No Danik Hook or chain required. Just throw the thing over, give it some slack, and grab a beer. 2:1 scope instead of 5:1. It was a game changer for us last season. We use an 18lb river anchor for the rear.
[/QUOTE]

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I prefer the Slide small box 99.9% of the time for our 195. Love the danik hooks as well. We do still have the danforth style in the locker. But its almost never used. We use a claw style river mushroom off the stern but will likely replace with a baby box this year. The small box and stern claw River anchor held our 195 and my buddies A24 rated to us in mild wind and current with no issues last season. We are usually in mud/rock bottom water.

Attachments

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Page two of an anchor thread with no #mantus mention?!?

PastMaster32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I prefer the Slide small box 99.9% of the time for our 195. Love the danik hooks as well. We do still have the danforth style in the locker. But its almost never used. We use a claw style river mushroom off the stern but will likely replace with a baby box this year. The small box and stern claw River anchor held our 195 and my buddies A24 rated to us in mild wind and current with no issues last season. We are usually in mud/rock bottom water.
That is the baby sized box anchor... The "small" is about two feet long folded... I almost wish I got the Baby sized one though... Like I said before, I can have three boats bigger than mine rafted up on my boat no problem...

Seno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Great information here, thanks for all the input. I bought a FX7 and was so impressed that I got the FX11 for the rear. My wife is tiny so the lighter the better, the fortress with 6’ stainless chain is half the weight of the box anchor. Cry once buy once.... excellent advice!